My next XBMC box is worse than my first
My last box, previously seen here, is likely to be trumped: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176094

As redonk as it may sound, I have a 3770K system sorta just `sitting around`. It was my desktop but I rebuilt that workstation with a 4930K instead, migrated the GPU, HDDs and all else over, leaving me with a 3770K with just a 320GB HDD, no GPU and just 8GB of RAM. It basically sits in a corner, waiting to be occasionally powered on to help with Cinema 4D TeamRender renders. So why not give it a GPU and give it a bit more purpose? A friend of mine has a Radeon HD 6950 she's selling me used for just $60, so here we go. Big Grin

i7 3770K (4.4ghz)
Asus P8Z77-V LK
8GB DDR3 RAM
PowerColor Radeon HD 6950 2GB
320GB HDD
Xigmatek Asgard II
Corsair CX600

Not quite one of the cute Pico powered ITX machines you guys tend to build. However, asside from the GPU, I already have the whole thing as an operational box. I don`t need it right now, the A8-3870K w/ HD6850 system I have does the job fine in my bedroom and shares content to the rest of the condo. But I've just started in the industry after college, likely to be without a roommate eventually and will need another box suitable to XBMC and Steam BPM gaming on a large living room TV. While this HD 6950 has been playing games in another PC for three years now, I think it'll give me a few more years on $5 Steam games. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My next XBMC box is worse than my first0