DPI setting in xorg.conf has no effect at all
Dear XBMCbuntu experts,

I've tried XBMC with my new Intel haswell non board gfx HTPC. It is really stunning in terms of usability.
However I need to runa browser for VOD services (silverlight BS...) so i installed Firefox with the launcher and the openbox scripts as described in quite a few fora on the web. The browser though is bearly usable with the small elements. So I read about the modifications to the X server config with the "Option" "DPI .. x .." setting.
I made a xconf.org file (X -configure), moved it into /etc/X11/ then I added everything as advised (option, monitor0,..) double checked numerous times, and tried everything from 20 x 20 to 300 x 300.
I see no effect at all.

What did I miss?
Another issue is that my analog audio does stutter like hell and has erratic noise in it- hdmi audio is perfekt. Anlog audio ia webradio in firefox -advanced launcher is good too.
Is there anything I can check (where are the relevant logs)? (GA H97M d3H - haswell revised - Mobo, no add on cards, 64Bit gotham xbmcbunutu)
Thanks for any help as I am d/l Win 8.1 test version to evaluate the switch to it when i cannot get xbmc - as cool as it is - to work properly. (and i'm a linux fan.. Sad )
You missed putting /var/log/Xorg.0.log on pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DPI setting in xorg.conf has no effect at all0