Samba shares not working until Movie Information has been viewed
Hello,

I recently upgraded from 12 to 13 (13.0 Git:20140505-f42f5b5)). Now the problem that I am having is after a system restart, my Samba shares are no longer working. To get them working again, I have to highlight a file, go to the context menu and select 'Movie Information'. Once I have done this, all my shares start working. Needless to say, this issue didn't happen on version 12, my shares were always available immediately.

Here is my log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=224748

The error first starts on line 288:
Code:
19:58:21 T:2252   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select
19:58:21 T:2252   DEBUG: CGUIWindowVideoNav::OnClick called on 'videodb://movies/titles/659' but file doesn't exist

Then I right-click and look at movie information then hit back. The next time I play the file, it works:
Code:
19:58:33 T:2252   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select
19:58:33 T:2252   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(smb://QNAP/Multimedia/Movies/Iron Man (2008)/Iron Man (2008).mp4)
19:58:33 T:2252  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://QNAP/Multimedia/Movies/Iron Man (2008)/Iron Man (2008).mp4

Any help is appreciated, I don't restart the box too often, but this is annoying for my family.

System spec:
Acer Aspire Revo R3700
Windows 7 SP1 x64
2GB RAM
Server:
QNAP TS-412
I have the exact same problem described above.

Version of XBMC: 13.1 Git:20140604-84725b0
Windows Version + patch level: Windows 7 x64 SP1
CPU/Architecture: Intel Core i5 750 64-bit
RAM amount: 8GB

Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem:
1. Open XBMC after a cold restart
2. Select any videofile (TV/Movie, doesn't matter)
3. Get the message "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?"
4. Press "i" to get video information and press play, the video loads and plays instantly. Videos also start instantly if they are selected through the home screen widgets.
5. After the first video has been opened as described in #4, any video can be played directly from the main TV/Movie screens.

Details of all devices relevant to the problem:
Media resides on a machine running Windows Server 2008 R2 and the content is shared with smb (password protected shares with a dedicated "xbmc" user with access to the shares) to four clients running Windows 7 SP1 x64 (all four clients exhibiting the exact same problem). Passwords are stored in passwords.xml. The library is mysql and it's set up according to the wiki.

FULL Debug Log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=252509
Just want to add that I can also access the files through "Files".

It seemed like the password was not saved in the database, so I added the user/pw to the sources.xml and re-added the movies. I checked the database and the user/pw is now saved in the path in the database but this didn't resolve the issue. Now it seems XBMC simply doesn't query the database correctly.
Did anybody ever solve this issue. I am now experiencing this issue with Kodi and a FireTv box. I have a Windows Kodi installation and it works fine, but the FireTv installation log has the same messages and results as defined in the original post to this thread.
got the same problem now..Sad

edit: restart of kodi solved it for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samba shares not working until Movie Information has been viewed0