reboot with "create bookmark" in DVD mode
hello

I have mpeg2 codec (but with or non, this is the same)
I read correctly dvd files (vob withs video_ts.ifo)
but if I create bookmark, the system reboot immediatly !

bug ?

Config :
raspberry pi B 256 rev 01 (d14 removed)
raspbmc
If I remember correct this was an issue a while back, but I think it was fixed(?).
Can you confirm what version of XBMC and Raspbmc you are running?

A debug log when the crash happens is probably the best thing though, this will also reveal what versions you are running.
true, I can confirm this. Same happened to me with RPi 512MB, OpenElev 4.0.4 (13.1)
Debug log : http://pastebin.com/WVDjzaeY

1. start Xbmc and choose Movies/ folder from the Favourites on mainMeny
2. Press ContectMenu on the movie item and choose "Play with DVDPlayer". Resume from 1h55min.
3. Movie is playing so MenuBar open and "Bookmarks" menu open
4. Create Bookmark and system reboots immediately. I Believe that is the last line of debug log "11:09:11 T:3058257920 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0x0b) pressed, action is Select".

With OMXPlayer bookmark making works.
Just to clarify: it's not a reboot - xbmc.bin is crashing (seg fault) and then restarting.

Unfortunately, there's nothing written to the log when the crash occurs.

It doesn't need to be a VOB - setting a bookmark on an MKV (and most likely, any other type of video) when using dvdplayer is sufficient to crash xbmc.bin.

omxplayer is OK though.

I've tested with OpenELEC 4.0.4 on x86 and there is no crash, so this looks like it might be an R-Pi/dvdplayer specific bug.

I can reproduce in my Helix/ffmpeg2 builds too.

Would be interesting to know if Raspbmc/Xbian is similarly affected.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There's a partial fix for this in my latest #0615 test build (based on Helix) however this will only save a blank snapshot image, but at least that's better than crashing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The partial fix is in my latest XBMC test build for Raspbmc too if anyone want to test.
How did I miss the OP was running Raspbmc!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reboot with "create bookmark" in DVD mode0