Access multiple music videos from single file?
Hello,

I have a couple DVDs of music videos (i.e. Metallica - The Videos) and was wondering if there was a way I could access each one through the Music Videos section from that single rip without having to split the video into separate files, while also still being able to see the complete rip within the Movies section.

I've been able to create a symlink to a movie file and keep it in my tvshows folder to have them both show up in these sections without keeping 2 copies of the file. I was thinking there might be a similar process for these music videos - if I could create symlink files that would not only map to a single video file, but also a particular time index in that file (and stop at a certain time index) through the help of .nfo files maybe.

I also thought I could use bookmarks, but then it's still tied to the copy within the Movies section, whereas I'm trying to access it from Music Videos.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish something like this?

Thanks in advance
I'm also interested in such a solution.
I have several Music DVDs (live concerts and video collections). I would like to have the ability to have each song as a separate entity in the library, and create a smart playlist with random videos from all music videos, creating my own "MTV" experience - all this, without losing the ability to watch a single ripped DVD in a row, without gaps between songs (mostly in concert DVDs).

This works great for music files using a CUE sheet (with a single large FLAC file). Is there a similar solution for music videos?
If not, what is the common practice for music DVDs using XBMC?
it's not currently doable.
Are there any workarounds?
Maybe add-ons?
What practice do other XBMC/Kodi users use for ripping and organizing Music DVDs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Access multiple music videos from single file?0