Gotham 13.1 Hardwaredencoding not working for Live-TV h264 (IPTV Simple)
yep, I'm from Germany - good old Bavaria to be precisely Smile
I'm using ArgusTV as backend as my server is running windows and AFAIK it's directly reading via SMB from the timeshift buffer file. Haven't tried watching a soccer game on my PI yet, but can do so today.

Can you do a recording with your setup to test if playback and CPU usage is better when not streamed via HTTP but from sdcard or SMB/NFS (NFS preferred for high bitrate content). And how exactly do your playback issues show up? Pauses due to buffering, random skips, bad picture?

I really wonder what's causing the high CPU load on your side. I'm running the latest Millhouse test builds btw (so Helix based with ffmpeg2) - maybe give it a try as well and report back if CPU usage is better with it
Good to know Smile.

I'll search for a way to record the http-stream, i think that should be possible with vlc in any way...

I am using nfs to get everything from my server. So i'll respond to you if i tested this.

I used the nightly builds since the beginning (for rbpi), i just wanted a few months without any problems Smile.
have you got the mpeg2 codec?
yes he has, as log shows and as he already mentioned Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham 13.1 Hardwaredencoding not working for Live-TV h264 (IPTV Simple)0