Switched off playback of sound in video by accident
I was playing around with Aeon MQ5 earlier and somehow I managed to switch off the sound playback in my video media which plays back perfectly.

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem?
press + in your keyboard, it´s possible xbmc was muted, run a video or audio when try.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
That's what it sounds like. I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I tested playback of a video in VLC and it works perfectly fine whereas when I pressed the + button in XBMC, I still couldn't get any sound back.
So volume is turned right up?

Look to see if you accidentally changed your audio settings.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I take it you're referring to the sound playback in XBMC itself?
Yes, although if you turned your amplifier or TV right down, you wouldn't be the first to have made that dumb mistake.

I spent a half a day once diagnosing why a computer wasn't getting an IP address when it booted, only to discover I had unplugged the ethernet cable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-06-15, 10:20)nickr Wrote: Yes, although if you turned your amplifier or TV right down, you wouldn't be the first to have made that dumb mistake.

I spent a half a day once diagnosing why a computer wasn't getting an IP address when it booted, only to discover I had unplugged the ethernet cable.

The tv volume is definitely fine and of course, I hadn't muted the sound in Windows itself.

Where do I find the sound options if I may ask?
Have you actually read the manual? http://wiki.xbmc.org
(2014-06-15, 21:39)nickr Wrote: Have you actually read the manual? http://wiki.xbmc.org

I did read the manual and I tried the suggestions and none of them worked.
So you haven't muted or reduced the volume in XBMC?

You haven't muted or reduced the volume in your OS?

You haven't changed your audio output device?

You haven't even found your audio settings page?

Most importantly: You haven't posted a debug log to pastebin?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switched off playback of sound in video by accident0