Variables Support in Local Information Only (.NFO) scraper
Information 
I suspect I know the answer to this already but in case ... two part question I suppose.

Firstly; is it possible to specify variables in the ARTIST.NFO and/or ALBUM.NFO file? The .NFO file contains file paths within tags such as:

<path>smb://NAS/Share/XXX/</path>
<thumb>smb://NAS/Share/XXX/folder.jpg</thumb>

Is there an internal XBMC variable that can be specified in place of "smb://NAS/Share"? Something similar to:

<path>smb:%MUSICSOURCE%/XXX/</path>
<thumb>smb:%MUSICSOURCE%//XXX/folder.jpg</thumb>

I'm looking to make the .NFO files as "transportable" as possible.

Secondly; assuming variables are supported/possible, does the Local Information Only (.NFO) scraper know to expand the variable on-the-fly or during an Scan/Update Library?

Cheers,
Tried using relative paths?

Note that the <path> tag is unused.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi Jonathan,

Great to see you're still so involved ... last time we chatted was back when XBMC FOR XB was all the rage.

Not sure I understand, the <path> tag in the NFO is deprecated?

Would you have a link on using relative paths/tags in NFO files? I'm currently testing XBMC 13.1 with Windows but ultimately, I'll be updating my aTV2.

Cheers,
<path> has never been required. It's only there for import from full XML (and even then I don't think it's used for music!)

A quick look through the code, though, shows that the relative-path stuff for images only works for video, not music. Not sure it's easy to do - the path information looks as though it might be there (though how accurate I'm not sure!) for artist at least.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Appreciate you making time to have a look.

Would have been a nice to have in case a network device and/or device name ever needed swapping out. For now, I'll leave the fully qualified paths in both the <path> and <thumb> tags for the time being.

I can always cook up a script to parse through the NFO and swap out the path elements if need be ... was just thinking a bit ahead of myself.

Much appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Variables Support in Local Information Only (.NFO) scraper0