MKV Files Not Showing Up After Scan
I have many MK4 files that scan just fine, but I had to rip a DVD to MKV in order to get foreign language subtitles to show up in the ripped video. This works just fine with Handbrake. I can play the MKV file on my computer but it is not showing up in my directory when I do a rescan of the library. Should I be able to play MKV files?

Using RASPBMC running XBMC 13.1 compiled on June 11, 2014.
Yes, mkv´s works just fine, it´s pretty much he most common video container.
Probably a permission issue, check permissions on directories and the files.
It appears the issue may have been the way the file was named. I was able to locate the file under Videos, but not Movies. I then did a search of the movie database by editing the name of the file that was prepended in the search window to Jack Ryan.mkv instead of JackRyansub2.mkv. The file was then updated and it then appeared under Movies.

I then renamed the file to Jack Ryan on my NAS and then did a new library scan and everything is okay now.
Ah, yes this is the first thing to check.
I read it wrong, I thought that your XBMC install on your computer picked it up after a scan but not your Pi.

Naming convention is the first thing to check if it´s not scraped into library, second is permission. But if it is a permission issue you can probably not even see it in the Videos section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Files Not Showing Up After Scan0