Auto lock Video Sources
Hello, I use the master lock for parental control. With the context menu I lock my video sources.

Now use can lock and unlock with a pin code. Is it possible that xbmc lock the sources automatically after few minutes, sometimes I forget to lock my sources manually
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
I think someone did something similar to this using a pseudo screen saver, but I can't find the link. Should be possible, though.
I don't find this screensaver
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
I know you are not a fan of profiles (I read the other thread as well) because your client is 24/7. I don't see what problem the 24/7 is causing.

With profiles and my add-on you can do exactly what you want:

Quote:You want two profiles, one for the kids, one for the parents. The parents profile you want password protected so that your kids won't be able to access movies they are not supposed to see.

You want XBMC to always login with the kids profile. After suspending the system, you want it to resume again also with the kids profile regardless of the profile being used when suspending the system. And finally, should you forget to either suspend or power off the system, you want the system to automatically switch to the kids profile when the system has been idle for x minutes.
Thx, perhaps I should try it. :-)
I had install your add-on, works good. Perhaps the best solution at this moment. Thx
I did a little searching to see if I could find a way to automatically lock a source after some idle period but couldn't find anything. May be it's possible to simulate keyboard entries to popup the context menu and select the correct menu entry, but that seems more like a hack. I'm not sure how reliable that would be..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto lock Video Sources0