Car TV media player for the kids
Good Day guys,

I recently bought a Dual RCA car dvd player (RCA DRC6272)and i was hoping to connect my raspberry pi to it to play my video files for the kids. I am not sure what the best way is to complete this would be.

The dvd players attach to the car head rest and take av cables in. I bought a av splitter cable. I was hoping to split the rca signal from the pi and transmit it to the players. I was planning on getting a usb numberpad for navigation. Since i will be sitting in the front seat i was wondering what the best software to use. I would like to be able to change the video that is playing to the next with a simple push of a button. Is there a way to do it with xbmc?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
You only have two options really, OpenELEC or Raspbmc.

Test them out and see what you like, but yes, it is all possible. Your best bet would also be to create video playlists so a few videos play in a row.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I've seen a few people do this. Worth reading this thread:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=31227
Playlists, as suggested, could work. Or use your smartphone with the Official xbmc Remote, Yatse, or use the webserver on a browser.

If you're set on using a usb numberpad, I'm not aware of anything out of the box, but you could create a simple python script to play the next video in a list when you press a key.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Car TV media player for the kids0