Android Add [custom shutdown timer] to the [shutdown menu] like what is done in SPMC
Question 
Hi,

I recently bought an android Minix X8-H to replace my old tinyPC (i was using Windows XBMC on it). On windows version, i activated the read next file automaticly and i was using the custom shutdown timer (modified in advanced setting) to quit XBMC after a number of minute (i always watch tv before sleeping, it help me to sleep).

Now with the android version clicking the power symbol button on xbmc only show [EXIT] and [Inhibit Sleep mode]. there is no [Custon shutdown timer].
How can i reactivate this function on Android version ? Please help Me

PS : the sleep mode don't stop xbmc, when i used it last night, in the morning xbmc was still playing a videos from my library. (consuming extra power + generating heat that will reduce the device lifetime)
SPMC has the [custom shutdown timer] on the [shutdown menu] and is working (i have a rooted box). hope that the xbmc team will do the same with the android version of kodi .
Sorry,.old thread here.
I dont see any option on spmc to set a sleep timer.
Or must there be a.rooted device?
Would be very usefull...
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
(2016-12-01, 21:06)StealthDefender Wrote: Sorry,.old thread here.
I dont see any option on spmc to set a sleep timer.
Or must there be a.rooted device?
Would be very usefull...
Greetz Stealth

A quick glance at http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Reveals:

16.2.0 (2016/04/02):

(re-)Add reboot & shutdown on rooted devices

So I would say yes you need a rooted device.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thx, i didnt see that !!
[VICTORY HAND][THUMBS UP SIGN][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Give it a try......
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add [custom shutdown timer] to the [shutdown menu] like what is done in SPMC1