Gotham - Crashes when Streaming Videos (NAS)
Ok....new development - I gave up after trying nearly every advancedsettings combo possible for network.

I just installed Kodi Alpha3 and sure it's still buggy - is running better then Gotham!!!

Last advancedsettings I left Gotham at was
(Mode,cache,read)

....it still played up every few mins - rebuffering.

After installing Kodi, 1/3 less buffering with same user settings.

Interesting development!

I guess the typical warnings about a alpha build should be considered still though before I count my chickens!
So Android based players have problems with fixed frame rates? To what extent is it a problem? If it's only in unusual circumstances I might still go that route, but if it has a severe effect on casual playback I will avoid them.
Android only supports 30/60Hz.

Try playing something that is 25 FPS on a 30 Hz or 60 Hz display and see if you can stand it. Try again with 24p material.

If you can stand the playback, then move down in th world to android.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I see, is there a possibility that will change with the impending release of custom ROMs for the FireTV?

Also, how is the performance on the Cubox-I devices? They look pretty sweet for the price, but if the performance or hardware support isn't there it won't be worth it. I'm not looking for anything that can be a full blown HTPC, just something that will support 1080p playback over the network, has IR support (through a dongle or built in), and doesn't have a locked down OS so I can use any of the script-based addons from the XBMC repo.
the ATV2 only supports 50 and 60Hz (and one of both can only be set at the time on the iOS level) - so imo there is no drawback in that direction...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - Crashes when Streaming Videos (NAS)1