• 2(current)
Release script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]
I would be glad if someone posts his settings.
I'm still not quite satisfied with the transitions and smoothness.
I upgrade my AmbiBox to the new version 2.1.7.
After the installation the addon in Kodi looks very different to the previous version.
More details and other functionality. Okay, so far great. But i have a Script Failure message.

Anyone else has this problem?
I downgrade by now to AmbiBox 2.1.6.
Never change a running system ;-)
Where Kodi log file ?
(2015-01-16, 09:20)HansDampfHH Wrote: I upgrade my AmbiBox to the new version 2.1.7.
After the installation the addon in Kodi looks very different to the previous version.
More details and other functionality. Okay, so far great. But i have a Script Failure message.

Both of us work very hard to improve this FREE software and strive to ensure compatibility.

If you have an issue, there is absolutely no way to help troubleshoot without you posting a log file to pastebin.com or xbmclogs.com.
(2015-01-16, 09:20)HansDampfHH Wrote: I upgrade my AmbiBox to the new version 2.1.7.

Reload installer 2.1.7 and install anew
Hi
Ambilight ist great, was working perfect for me in XBMC Gotham with version 2.17 an Ambibox.script 1.04.
Now I upgraded to Kodi, and with version 1.04 from the official repo the AutoAspectRatio-Feature wasn't working anymore. So I installed 1.07.1 from the GitHub, now I can't stop the notification message when the aspect ratio is changed. Am I the only one with this problem, is it a bug that will be fixed or made I something wrong?

Greetz
You can try the Kodi one here: https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.ambibox

But as we have said many, many, many times, if you really want help troubleshooting you need to post your log to pastebin or somewhere and provide the link here.
Without it, it's like trying to repair a car over the phone when someone calls you and tells you it's making a funny noise.

Make sure you go through all of the options on the settings page to make sure that they are set to what you want.
Hi,

I have been using ambibox 2.1.5 with XBMC Gotham on my HTCP which was working perfectly. However, I have updated to 2.1.7, and now that auto profile switching based on aspect ration doesn't work anymore, XBMC doesn't give a message with the active profile. So it will always kep the default profile.

I have troed updating a XBMC addon, but there wasn't an update available. I also tried uninstalling 2.1.7 and re-install 2.1.5, but that also didn't solve it. I then upgraded XBMC to Kodi and downloaded the Kodi script that is available, but still no profile switching.

So the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 seems to be the cause. Any idea what this could be? or how to solve it?

PS, I'm at the office now, so can't provide a log or something right now :-)

Thanks.
(2015-03-09, 11:48)-DUS- Wrote: Hi,

I have been using ambibox 2.1.5 with XBMC Gotham on my HTCP which was working perfectly. However, I have updated to 2.1.7, and now that auto profile switching based on aspect ration doesn't work anymore, XBMC doesn't give a message with the active profile. So it will always kep the default profile.

I have troed updating a XBMC addon, but there wasn't an update available. I also tried uninstalling 2.1.7 and re-install 2.1.5, but that also didn't solve it. I then upgraded XBMC to Kodi and downloaded the Kodi script that is available, but still no profile switching.

So the upgrade from 2.1.5 to 2.1.7 seems to be the cause. Any idea what this could be? or how to solve it?

PS, I'm at the office now, so can't provide a log or something right now :-)

Thanks.

Check through the settings.

And again, no Log = little help.
(2015-03-08, 21:29)KenV99 Wrote: You can try the Kodi one here: https://github.com/AmbiBox/kodi.script.ambibox

But as we have said many, many, many times, if you really want help troubleshooting you need to post your log to pastebin or somewhere and provide the link here.
Without it, it's like trying to repair a car over the phone when someone calls you and tells you it's making a funny noise.

Make sure you go through all of the options on the settings page to make sure that they are set to what you want.

Hi KenV99,
ok, the only Log I found was the Kodi logfile in the user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata-folder...hope this helps

http://pastebin.com/kqTFuSAL

I've installed already the new github-version and surely I got through all the setting and set the notifaciton toggle to "off". The setting.xml file in the userdata\addon_data\script.ambibox contains the line
"<setting value="false" id="notification"/>", so I think I did everything right in in the options window.

Thx in advice
The log doesn't show you playing a video so I can't see any info about ratio switching or anything.
Is the only problem currently the notifications? Or are you still having issues with the ratio switching?
Hi Ken,
I only have Problems with the notification, aspect switchting works fine for me!
The notification pops up when Kodi starts an whenever the aspect ratio is switching. the notification ist nice for testing but anoying when you hear their beep on every start! ;-)
Greetz
I pushed an update to kodi.script.ambibox on Github. Please let me know if it fixes your problem.
(2015-03-17, 13:09)KenV99 Wrote: I pushed an update to kodi.script.ambibox on Github. Please let me know if it fixes your problem.

Hi Ken,
you are my hero! No more notification while starting, no more beep sound! Blush
Aspect ratio switching works perfect as it used to be, perfect little addon now!

Thank you very much!

Thomas
You're very welcome. I'm glad that it's working well for you.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]0