• 3(current)
Release script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]
Hi,
it's me again, one problem solved and soon the next one arrived! ;-)
Ok, here it is.

I made a fresh install of Kodi 14.2 and the newest Version of Ambibox from the Github. While I'm playing in the confluence skin everything works great, but i have to change to Titan Media Browser Skin because of his famous handling fron netflix content. Now when start Kodi it begins with an Script error in die Ambibox Addon, and the Addon isn't working. Switching back to confluence makes everything work again. Hopefully someone can help!

Here's my logfile
http://pastebin.com/h6AEdyJD
The trouble begins at line 193!

Thx in advice
Hmmm. This problem seems to be more of an issue with the skin than with the plugin.
Have you posted in the skin's forum asking for help?
Ambibox directly accesses files in several different places and it seems that this skin must be forcing the plugin into a restricted mode which prevent this type of direct file access.
Not yet,
but I will do so, let's see what happens!

Thx
(2014-06-18, 21:26)KenV99 Wrote: I am starting this thread for support for the script for ambibox which just recently was accepted in the official repo.

Prerequisites
An external LED ambient lighting setup (i.e. WS2801 LED's and an Arduino board connected to your HTPC).
Windows 7 or higher.
The windows program ambibox is installed and setup.

Functions
The script setup allows different lighting profiles based on content. It also provides a capture mode directly from XBMC to the ambibox program.
For some users, this direct capture mode may provide improved performance over other capture modes.

Links
More info about the Ambibox Program and download
Details about configuring the script
Demo video
Download the most recent version for manual installation

Notes for current users
This release version (1.0.1 and higher) does away with the use of a separate xml file for aspect ratio switching. This is configured directly on the add-on page.
You will need to reconfigure your settings, but this should be much easier due to the fact that the names of your profiles are retrieved from Ambibox and can be selected on the settings page.
Due to rules to be included in the official repo, mediainfo.dll is no longer included directly in the script download. If you desire the added functionality this provides, it can be downloaded and installed directly from the settings page.
There are a number of new features. Check the link above.

Troubleshooting
If you believe you are having trouble with the script, please post in this thread.
Please post a copy of your XBMC.log on pastebin.com and provide a link in your post.
If appropriate, please also post a copy of your settings (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.ambibox\settings.xml) to pastebin.com as well.
Please include a brief summary of your hardware and specifically what capture mode you were using when you encountered your problem.

FAQ
Will this run on OS's other than windows?
No. I did not author the windows program and author has indicated he has no intention in making it cross-platform.

Can you help me with performance or hardware issues related to Ambibox?
No. This thread is for help with the script. The program author addresses hardware issues here: Ambibox hardware forum

Thanks. I followed your guide and successfully got Ambibox to work. I spent like 3 freaking days tried to get BoblightD to work but it wouldn't control any LEDs. Ambibox is way easier!!!

Curious though, have you ever tried to tweak the color settings tab? My adalight & ambibox works now but i don't see the drastic color effects as in some of the youtube demo video. I'm wondering if tweaking the color setting will help. Thanks!!!
Hi,

First, sorry for my english.

I use ambibox with Lightpack Led and XBMC - Result is great.

I use XBMC with xbox 360 controller.

My problem is, when my xbox controller goes to sleep, my ambibox leds stop to move.

If i re-launch my xbox controller, the led move again.

Can you help me ?
(2015-07-26, 19:10)victor1982 Wrote: Hi,

First, sorry for my english.

I use ambibox with Lightpack Led and XBMC - Result is great.

I use XBMC with xbox 360 controller.

My problem is, when my xbox controller goes to sleep, my ambibox leds stop to move.

If i re-launch my xbox controller, the led move again.

Can you help me ?
I haven't encountered this issue and am unsure if I can help. IPlease specify what hardware/OS you are running Kodi on and then recreate the problem and post the log to pastebin and provide the link here.
Hi,
I have recreate the probleme.
Tle log is too long for Pastebin, so i have take only "ambibox"

I have launch a film and i have turn off my xbox controller : the Leds did not move.
After i have turn ON my Xbox controller, LED' are moving ok.

http://pastebin.com/S2Xprpkc

I Use Windows 7 and XBMC 13.1. I have try with KODI, it's the same.
(2015-07-26, 20:30)victor1982 Wrote: Hi,
I have recreate the probleme.
Tle log is too long for Pastebin, so i have take only "ambibox"

I have launch a film and i have turn off my xbox controller : the Leds did not move.
After i have turn ON my Xbox controller, LED' are moving ok.

http://pastebin.com/S2Xprpkc

I Use Windows 7 and XBMC 13.1. I have try with KODI, it's the same.

Try either turning off the hotkeys (Settings->Configure->Hotkeys) or changing them to something other than the default. It looks like something that you are doing with the controller is triggering the hotkey that turns the lights off.
Thank you for your help.

I have aldready test to turn off the hotkeys and it is the same....
(2015-07-26, 22:01)victor1982 Wrote: Thank you for your help.

I have aldready test to turn off the hotkeys and it is the same....

Unfortunately line 32 in your paste shows that the lights stop due to detecting a hotkey so I would ask you to continue to play with those settings.
If you are using ambibox outside of XBMC/Kodi, does the controller affect the lighting?
Hi KenV99,

you are right ! when i use Ambibox out of XBMC and if i turn off my xbox controller, led off.

But if i turn on my controller, leds are ok

How can i stop this hotkey ? because i don't see a hotkey config in ambibox menu
(2015-07-27, 20:50)victor1982 Wrote: Hi KenV99,

you are right ! when i use Ambibox out of XBMC and if i turn off my xbox controller, led off.

But if i turn on my controller, leds are ok

How can i stop this hotkey ? because i don't see a hotkey config in ambibox menu

Under 'Intelligent backlight display' in the ambibox program, at the top there is a box for setting hotkeys for each profile.
Video 
Hi,
I insist.
When i am in the screen : intelligent backlight display.
When i turn on my xbox controller, device status : connected
When i turn off my xbox controlle , device status : not connected.

Why ?

(2015-07-31, 21:19)victor1982 Wrote: Hi,
I insist.
When i am in the screen : intelligent backlight display.
When i turn on my xbox controller, device status : connected
When i turn off my xbox controlle , device status : not connected.

Why ?

There seems to be a conflict between your hardware. This forum is mainly for support of the Kodi plugin which feeds data to the windows application. Although the windows application author, denmax2004, occasionally check in here, you may be better off posting in the forum for the application at http://msevm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5974.0
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]0