Release - script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crown08 Offline
Good Night, same problem here with Krypton. I am using the last gitnub versiĆ³n 1.0.9.0 but in Kodi Direct mode the capture speed is only 1 or 2 fps in Ambibox.

In the kodi.log I see very much messages how that

00:43:47.817 T:2376 NOTICE: ### [AmbiBox] - Missed frame at 1
00:43:49.994 T:5176 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 32 times.

Thanks for this great addon
find quote
Bavilo Offline
Having the same problem with Krypton and the latest Ambibox version. When is this getting fixed?
find quote
Merwenus Offline
Any information about Krypton 17 update? Or is this addon abandoned?
find quote
Bavilo Offline
I have just ordered a Raspberry 3. I am going to switch to Hyperion. Ambibox is just too buggy and not maintained anymore as it seems.
find quote
Bavilo Offline
I'm so glad to be away from Ambibox. I constantly had to adjust LED delays which seemed to be different for every kind of media I was playing. I also had to get up at least once in a movie to restart the Arduino because the LEDs just turned off.

The Raspberry Pi 3 and Hyperion just works flawless without having to install some third party software on my PC. I'm sure a Raspberry Pi 2 would suffice as well.
find quote
KenV99 Offline
Fan
So the issues with the way this addon works in concert with Kodi do not seem to be solvable.
It was always somewhat of a hack - using Kodi's screengrabbing interface as a frameserver and then passing the formatted frames to the ambibox executable.
In Krypton, the screengrabbing routines were rewritten and do not perform the same as with previous versions.

I am getting 10 fps at best on a beefy system.
My test routines that only test Kodi's infrastructure also shows the same limitations.

As I have mentioned before, I long ago stopped using ambibox on my HTPC. I have been using a splitter with a hardware capture device that feeds an Rpi:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2114732

Using that, I have ambient lighting from ALL of my sources, not just out of Kodi.

I have been trying to maintain the script through the transition, but infrastructure changes in Kodi are out of my hands.
Hard to want to devote my spare time to this when the issue is not in the script but in Kodi and I don't even use the script for my own HTPC.
find quote