How can I make an identical copy of my setup?
I have an amazon fire tv and I want to make another identical setup on a fire tv with the same exact settings as the current ones, does anybody know how I can do this?
You can use XBMC Backup to backup your settings from the source and then restore on the other AFTV. You can also manually copy the userdata folder onto the other device.
has anything been found? im looking to be able to copy a fire stick and just copy that backup to another fire stick... thanks in advance
Are you hoping to share the same libraries, and watch statuses? If so, you will need to implement a MySQL deployment. As for the settings of Kodi, be sure not to copy the sources.xml file to the second device, as you will have duplicates in your library.

I'm in the process of doing this same process with two AFTV boxes.
(2015-03-06, 16:33)DruTheFu Wrote: As for the settings of Kodi, be sure not to copy the sources.xml file to the second device, as you will have duplicates in your library.

NOT TRUE, as long as all your sources are network paths and NOT local then you can copy the sources.xml to all installs and not have duplicate problems. Duplicates are created when you have different paths to the same file which can happen if you try to recreate your sources within Kodi (capitalization makes a difference) If you copy your existing sources.xml then path differences are eliminated.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I'll have to retry this. When I originally tried this a couple months ago, I backed up my entire Kodi configuration from my Master device (an AFTV), then restored the exact copy of the backup to my Client device (a second AFTV with same version of Kodi), and my library contents were doubled in number due to duplicates being created for every library entry. My sources were all SMB Share sources (smb://IP_Address/Directory), nothing local to the device.

Thanks for pointing this out Dilligaf.
For FTV, I use this tool... it's a snap. Just connect a FTV1, do backup, then disconnect and connect to FTV2, then do restore. Done.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Backing it up using ADBfire only backs up kodi and allows you to put those settings onto another firestick with kodi on it already. What if you want to backup the whole fire stick so you can copy it onto another fire stick that doesn't have kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I make an identical copy of my setup?0