• 5(current)
Release yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)
Hi tuxfuxch
Having the same problem as Vorsku (works great on 14.2, but errors due to wrong file structure in 15 and 15.1). I hope you will make an update, since yarc by far is the best solution for me when it comes to web interfaces on a phone.

My setup:
Kodi is running on Linux Mint 17 and my phone is a Jolla with Sailfish OS, which has rocked my world for about half a year :-)
Hi all, sorry, was busy and far far away (in my mind).

the issue was already brought to me over github. Bad news: i spent hours and could not figure it out. i updated to 15.1 and eversince it is not working. I even installed a windows 10 in a virtual machine to make the zip files (and remembered again why i don't like this OS very much).

i am working on it, but actually ran out of ideas. i try hard to achieve it as soon as i have more time. i am so sorry. If you find a solution: i am desperate Wink

but thanks for the kind words, helps for motivation.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Finally, it's done!
it took my hours. I got a hint from a github user which helped to get it done, unfortunately, there was also an other issue. The bad thing is, i don't know what caused the problem. After hours of fiddeling around it just worked...

Pleas download it not as usual. there is a zip now.

Be also aware, that i changed a lot under the hood, just before it broke. it could be a bit buggy. But i thought, a poorly working solution is better than none for now.
any button could not work (the most do)
some settings could not work (totally rewritten)

known problems:
- search dialog in the youtube addon is not working anymore as in previous versions. i suppose it is due to changes in the plugin.
- addons don't get sorted according to how many times they got started anymore
- searchfields are not working (except song-search)

the version number increased a lot. this is because of a lot of testing and does not mean a lot.. sorry.

Version 0.9.7
- Works now with Kodi 15.1
- Update of jquery and a lot of changes to meet new conditions
- Kodi loading-spinner is shown when loading data from Kodi
- Context menu for file items in addons (for now add to playlist -> great for youtube Plugin!)
- Navigation Buttons don't get executed multiple times by single press anymore
- Plugins without icon's get now a placeholder graphic

into the future:
- i am planing to implement something that you can also scroll with the touchpad.
- i am planning to save the setting for each plugin separately to remember if it should show description and if it should start the remote page after opening a file
- using a translation solution from online, so that users can better help.

what would you like to see? any suggestions?
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hi,

Quick fix version to the most pressing known problem: searchfields.

important stuff: in post above previous version.

the new function for the touchfield is not fine grained. this may change a little in future. but if you do the gesture in less than half a second, it's still the same.

Version 0.9.8
- Info dialog in addonspage (first sentence) is now wrapped
- in the touchpad, if you hold your gesture in navigation for more than half a second,
you can scroll (measured by distance, not time!)
- some folder cleanup
- BUGFIX: when going back to "Kodi Favourites" in the popup over the "back" button, it does not start additionally a wrong function
- BUGFIX: Searchfields now work again
I can confirm that the issue is now fixed with your new 0.9.8 version, tuxfuxch. Love the animated logo while loading. Thank you for the help!
+1
Awesome! Exactly what i'm searching for my little webradio with screen!
And, the best thing, i can use the addons! Perfect for Radio and TuneIn Plugin! Thanks

Just to advise: On Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 and Internet Explorer on Windows Phone
the settings button is not working... On Firefox it comes up perfectly!
hey dawed, thanks for the nice words and the hint. i will look into the windows problems. since i am not a windows user i miss such things Wink

EDIT: was a small horrible mistake. it will be fixed in the next version 0.9.9 which will take a while until release. Meanwhile you have to go there manually (#settings, or for example, according to your environment : localhost:8080/#settings)
i'm not sure if its a plugin problem or its also a problem on the windows phone because actually i don't have any other source configurated, only the two plugins..

after entering the folders of a plugin the screen is a mess for a while... in firefox and internet explorer on computer its perfect.
guess its a problem with the screen size?
Hey dawed,

thanks again for the feedback, well i don't understand the "mess" part. can you make a picture?
I will next monday after my vacationBig Grin
Screenshot here
(is the link working?)

Sometimes also the list of the senders and those things are messed up, not only the menu on top...
And scorlling isn't accurate, it kumps to the first entry or is stuck in the middle of nowhere...

2 edit: i found out in Computer Webbrowser, that when a Plugin is open you need to close it at the bottom with the x to get the ability to use the main buttons at the head line... guess there is the problem in the mobile device...
Hi
link works, thanks. you seem to be from switzerland as myselfe. swiss classic and swiss jazz are also top choice for me Wink btw, i use radio stations from different plugins and have them together with srf podcasts in the favourites for fast access.

unfortunatelly, i have no windows device, but my dad has. i think it will need a while to fix it (need his mobile AND time, i life near zürich, he lives in klosters).
About scrolling and the button, there are general problems, and i changed things (only for plugin page) and will be better in the next release.
small hint. you can just touch or click outside of the popup to close.

what could help in your case: in tools (werkzeuge) -> settings (Einstellungen) --> general (Allgemein) you can hide the menu text. it saves space on the mobile device screen.

oh and before i forget: can you tell me which windows version (mobile) do you have, or at least which lumia? this may matter.

edit: the changes away from popup in addons does not satisfy my right now, but i think i will release the new version this week and then it might change again, but you might have at least a better solution until i can fix it.
Grüessech Wink
So right, i'm from berne... and now your nickname make sense with ch at the end Wink

gues your hints work better...
need to test it on an other wlan in the same subnetrange as my phone is - its pretty slow (but this is more a general kodi problem i guess, its the same with other webbased applications) on different subnets

i have a Nokia Lumia 730, Windows Phone 8.1, latest Version 8.10.14234.375

cool, i will wait for your fix...
Hi all,

version 0.9.10 (i had to leave 0.9.9 out). Mainly bug-fixes and small improvements. It's still a bit rushed to get a (hopefully) better version for dawed.
In the addon section, there is still an issue i could not find with the back button within an addon. But it's quite usable.

You can as usual donwlaod the zip from github (or fork it) here: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc

what's next:
- maybe replacing all popups with the way i have done it in addons. What do you think? feedback would be appreciated.
- i want to include a possibility to set audio and subtitle track of a playing media
- less json requests for status updates
- online service for translations
- maybe a possibility to play a genre in music

here the change log:
Version 0.9.10
- Addon Popup is now not a popup anymore, it's like an own site, to avoid scrolling problems. Behaviour changed a little.
- some styling of loading bar's, buttons and seen ticks
- addon popupitems: directory/file pictures are now smaller, to see more on small screen devices
- Add to playlist (songs and addon out of popup): if pressed twice, it doesn't get added twice to the playlist any more
- added loading bar to playlist's
- setting for image compression is now in general section,
since it is used everywhere (setting does only apply for images loaded without compression aka quality 95)
- When coming from Kodi Favorites, it shows now the fanart in the background when entering an addon folder
- remove button is exchanged to a symbol in playlist
- in playlist and footer, season and episode get shown if it's a TV Show
- back button appears now in addon content before information is loaded
- got rid of language klingon... toH va!
- If a whole season is seen in TV Series, it gets marked as seen in the interface (or not listed if set so)
- New function: Add series from popup to playlist
- New function: Add whole series season to playlist
- New function: add addon media or directory to Kodi favorites
- New function: delete Favorites in the favorite popup (if you add from an addon an existing favorite, it gets deleted too)
- New function: select-box values are now saved (like genre selection etc, but not search field values)
- FIX: if different language codes for the same language in media file names are present, it lists them now as same language only once
- FIX: if in an addonname information is added with/behind "?" (ex. extendedInfo Script) it gives no error back any more
- BUGFIX: in "Search Song", add to playlist button works again
- BUGFIX: in swipefield-player, swipe to right goes now to next item in playlist as it should
- BUGFIX: Video Playlist: playlist items are now moveable too
- BUGFIX: Addons "other" now shows plugins which are not "audio" or "video"
- BUGFIX: after opening the movies and series details popup a second time, the play button doesn't disappear anymore
- BUGFIX: settings button should now work on windows browsers
- BUGFIX: if pictures have an undefined value, picture function gives now back a broken imagelink
- WORKAROUND: youtube search works again, it's an ugly hack, but works as expected
Guete Morge

i'd just installed and testing arround.

- settings work great now!
- i only see english, german and spanish in the language field
- addons page is super fast and great! (test it with Radio Addon and TuneIn Addon). i can scroll now easly to the radio stations and select without any issues
- at all it's much faster on changing, searching, scrolling and everything
- favorites work great - maybe its possible to get a favorites button on the main page in next release?

the other changes and fixes i'm actually not able to test, still no series and other stuff on this project... i have a second installation at home
and will test it there tonight...

awesome work! thank you very much!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)5