• 9(current)
Release yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)
Thanks for the quick reply!
To be honest this is the first time I've looked at web interfaces in years, so I'm floundering a bit.
I was looking for something I could use on my phone - tried chorus, which looks great and works but there's a lot going on for a small screen.
The main thing I want to do is to play music via files - I don't use a music library at all.
I already have music folders added as favourites (artists / compilations / soundtracks etc) - I set shortcuts to those in my skin settings so they're already there (and at the top).
If I browse through favourites to any folder containing music files I enter the folder and see 'There is no matching item found.'
Just tried with a video favourite (I access my home videos the same way) and it works perfectly - so is this a bug?
Fingers crossed it is, because I love the interface.

Sorry if this is a bit disjointed, I've been trying things as I type.
oh thanks! that was vital information. i was speaking about a different bug i found. now we have two. great! i hope i find a good solution (in the hope there is not a looot rework to do). since i will let it add to the official kodi addons store (if it will be accepted), i am really looking to find things like this Smile

i can't promise a result very soon, since i did not locate the problem right now. and also, when it works, i am not sure if it is really convenient to use the way you do.
but that does not matter to me. bugs have to be squashed. if its is then good for you is for you to decide.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: new versions are announced here, just look into the changelog i post here as well, and you will know.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
From my point of view it's good news if it's a bug. Wink And if it's possible next week, next month or next year then great...

I was testing on windows jarvis - will try some other machines, check it happens consistently - is a debug log any use to you?
thanks a lot!
i am on linux with 15.x (don't know the codename, but i think not jarvis).
there is no need for other versions testing i guess. so far i can say it's entirely on my side (yarc). and since i can reproduce the bugs, there is no need for a debug log. but thanks.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hey Troggy,

i had a look into the issue, and i think i know a way. but.... yes, there is a but.
it has a downside, which conflicts with my usecase. so the last two days i thought (not all the time Wink ) about what i think it's better.
you win.
the thing is, that the way i handle these things is different to chorus. they know the context if it is a music or movie source. in favorites in yarc, i don't. i just assumed/defined it is video, which was the problem. this way i had also information about playcount and resume (for videos), which was quite handy for my usecase. the changes i have to do would take folder content only as files, and since nobody knows what is in these sources (movies, music, pictures...) it does not give information about resume and playcount, and also lists files not related to what you actualy would want to do (like cover pictures in music folders)
i am not sure yet how i can find this information out in a good and also reliable way but i am positive i will find a way.
the changes i did on my local install works fine so far, but i want to do some more testing, and maybe even solve the "what kind of files should i expect"-problem.

so there is something on the horizon.

edit: ps: at the moment i strongly tend to not give the option to browse files in the video or music section. i think my webinterface is loaded and complicated enough. i try to keep it simple and not overload too much. other webinterfaces do there already a very good job.
Ha!
Funny thing is - after using your interface (and liking it so much) I actually got off my bum and started tagging my music library - something I started about 3 years ago and gave up on! Still a way to go, but...
I can see the argument for keeping it simple - that's why it looks so good on a phone screen after all.
Anyway I was just reporting a possible bug - no demands, it already looks great.
Keep up the good work!
hey troggy,
i think tagging is worth it. i did it with all my cd's, spent hours on it, but it is a good thing. once done right, and it never bothers again (well in case my harddisk crashes (no backup), then i have to digitalise and tag everything again...).
no worry, i did not see it as a demand. you brought me to the point to over-think a problem. it is a very good point and helps me to improve yarc. the "bug" was in fact a bad implementation. so thanks a lot for taking the time to report!
i have also to say, without library it's still not very good on yarc for music songs. i use it for podcasts and video podcasts over favorites (which i get over 3rd party applications which are not in the library).
Oh I know I'm probably missing lots of features in kodi generally by not using a music library.
I've spent ages on my video library - .nfo's, artwork, sets, tags, all done in Media Companion - and when it scans (locally) I get pretty much exactly what I want and exactly the same result every time.
Sometimes you (I) just need a little push (kick up the backside, my mother would say) - I've just had it, so I'm going to finally attack that music.
Hello tuxfuxch, I can t seem to be able to PM you to thank you for that webinterface. ( I dont have enough posts )
I am working on a similar remote, and would like to clone your code to adapt it to my need , if it is okey for you.
PM me when you have some time.

Selim
i wrote you. hope you got my pm.
Hello thank you for your fast answer, I got your pm but still cant answer !! I will do my best to keep you posted, and in the near future I will try to pm you again (when I have enough post on the forum !! )
Thank you and have a good day !!
ok thank you too. looking forward to hear from you.
@trogggy, if you are still reading:
i think i got it: your problem solved and the downsides eliminated i had in the first implementation.
but i still need to test it very well and i have also 2 bugs to find and eliminate before i upload the next version.
Great!
Still reading. Wink
ok i uploaded version 0.11.1

trogggy, i hope it's fine for you.

you can get it here: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc

here the changelog:
Version 0.11.1
- some css optimization
- adds green ticks to playlist items in video section if seen
- added translation Berndütsch (thanks dawed to your efford)
- if video or audio sources are in the favorites list (or a subfolder) they can be accessed
- if a tv show is whole seen, it replaces the + with a tick before banner
- added Filepath feature also to series episodes
- added download link to video files in libraries and in context menu for local media items when browsing into a folder through favourties
- added empty playlist button to playlist
- BUGFIX: Help text in swipe field is now always in the right context if showed
- BUGFIX: Playtime for media is now correct in minutes and seconds in addondetails
- BUGFIX: progressbar in remote should now after ending playing an item turn grey again
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)5