• 8(current)
Release yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)
yes you did underestand right! (gosh, i guess its all the wine over the past days that my english is gone :O )

glad you get back your css!
ok during the work i could think about the things. the one with hiding libraries should be possible. the things i need to code is already in my head (thanks of coffee brakes Wink ). it could make it in the next release
the thing with the addon and favorites is not that clear for me (the how part). and will have to wait i guess.

i really hope it was Weinfelder wine Wink it's where i grew up...
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
hey Dawed,

me again. i actually did the thing with favorites and addons. and i think it's great. thanks you for pushing me, it's like a fast access site:
- as i said, i have now the last 10 added items in the new startpage (called "New & Top).
- it has also the top10 favorites (the 10 entries which are in the top of the favorites list)
- it has a addon section, which is a fast access to the top10 most opened addons (not within kodi, but within yarc)
- it are collapsibles. when you close or open a collapsible, yarc remembers it for the next start

the part with hide menu items, i am not so sure about. not technically but if i really want it:
- if i hide them, i gain not really space. if you don't wanna use it, just don't press the button.
- the only place where you can save a bit space (ca. 50px per hidden entry in height) is on the new frontpage. which is not that much.
- but i have to add a lot of settings, which i try to decrease

still thinking about it. not so sure yet if i implement it or not. but right now, i tend for a no...
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Hi tuxfux

wow sounds great! i'm longging for the new version!
exactly how my idea was (in a bad english explaining case hahaha)
well with collapse a menu, its like hidding a menu, right! - much easier than change a lot of code inside i guess..

PS about the wine... i have no idea anymore Tongue
PS2 if you need any help in spanish translation, my wife and i can look at it..
Hey all

sorry for long absence. I have problems creating the zip. it does not work, and i have no clue why Sad

but i uploaded the latest work on github. There changed quite a lot and i think it's a big step forward in usability.
unfortunately you have to update manually the files (without zip) to see the latest.

whats the most important changes:
- remote is now a panel with fast access from every site
- first page is now a "new&top" page with the latest 10 added items to the library and the 10 top favorites and addons
- some styling which makes everything looking a bit better (at least in my opinon). seen and resume are made with font.
- with opening pannel or press some buttons ("home" and "toggle Fullscreen"), the touchpad changed outomaticaly to the right mode.

have fun with it and tell me what you think! In case you find out what the problem with the zip creating is, please tell me!

@dawed: would appreciate it. you can help translating in transifex: https://www.transifex.com/yarc/ spanish is right now 89% done.

===== full changelog if you care =====
Version 0.11.0
- replaced my own placeholder images with awsomefont symbols (?, file and folder)
- replaced green-ticks images with awesomefont symbol in title (movie, series and addon)
- added resume indicator in title (movie, series and addon)
- removed seek buttons on remote page (use seek in progressbar instead, hotkeys still work)
- remote is now a panel accessible from each site
- first page is now not remote anymore. it's now a "recently added and top fav's and addons" overview.
- if music/movies or series library is emty, it removes or hides menu and start page entries.
- "device orientation navigation" moved to tools
- removed now unneeded settings: "swipe height", "hide device orient. nav.", "yarc Name" and "hide send text field"
- removed "send text" and "stay in popup" in addon details removed -> due to better access to remote
- Help text of swipe field is now written into the swipefield instead of a popup
- shutdown popup replaced with a select and a "do it" button to get rid of the popup
- quite a few css optimisations
- now with a loader dialoge which covers miss-styled loading content
- added HTML escapeing for addon-plot. for now the only escpaed strings, but ready for others too.
- if there is no artist to an album, it return empty string instead of "?"
- added loading indicator when TV-Show seasons are loading
- some small performance improvements
- deleted of "lost/forgotten" css defenitions and translations
- exchanged close buttons in the details-pages with "history-back" buttons.
- Swipe field: changes automaticaly from Navigation to Player (or other way around) if it makes sense
- volume, repeat and suffle icons change now also when setting changed over other remote or GUI
- BUGFIX: show plot checkbox do not cause error anymore if addon name not in settings (folder from kodi favs for example)
- BUGFIX: runtime informations in moviedetails apear again
- BUGFIX: Add whole season to playlist should now always happen in right order (lowest to highest episode ID)
- BUGFIX: TV-Show loading spinner gets now always hidden after loading tvshow
I tested here in office (only installed kodi and 2 addons...)
But it looks great and clean! thanks a lot!

I'm not sure if its a issue or technical not possible... after adding a favorite or an addon (and i guess also the other new & top things)
it only show up after a refresh of the page...
hi dawed,

thanks for testing.

it would be possible, but i have chosen to not load it all the time again because of these reasons:
- media library can be quite large, so reloading always would be a bit painful: less waiting time after first load, also for page transisions.
- new media and addons don't get added all the time
- favourites should always load if accessed over addons.

the favourites and top addons on "new & top":
- only the top10 favourites are loaded. for larger lists they would not appear if there are 10 or more. they get always added in the bottom
- only the top10 called (in that browser on that device). if you have more than 10 addons it would anyway not appear since it would not have been started by then.

i think reloading if necessary is not that hard.

but i am open for a discussion about it. just wanted to say why i have chosen it to be this way. maybe after closing and opening the collapsible it could be refreshed at least on the "top & new" page? is it really necessary/convenient?
no absolutly not - i was just wondering if its a design or a technical thing...
in my case there isn't much changings in the different libraries...

later i will test advanced on my productive Kodi Smile
ZIP is now on GIT: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc

Thanks a lot dawed for creating it. I tested it with Kodi Jarvis (16.0) and dawed with 15.x
I've tested it yesterday on my webradio.
its awesome! much easier to start early in the morning one of the favorites (radio channels)...
but i'm the power user - will let my wife test today too (and than she will take a look at the spanish translations on transifex)
Hi Dawed,

thanks for the feedback. I really would appreciate a "non-poweruser" standpoint.

also thanks for reviewing the translations! thats great!
on the non-poweruser standpoint - its awesome too...
much easier to start a favorite thing just with 2 clicks... and the "where is the remote question?" i guess it needs just a bit time
to accept it changed Smile
oh thanks for the feedback! i never thought, that this question could arise. well, i will then sooner produce a new introduction video (and a much shorter one). I think that should do it.
Just tried this for the first time.
The interface is brilliant - very impressive.
Sadly it doesn't seem to fit my use, as I can't seem to access files views at all - only libraries.
Have I missed something (wouldn't be unusual)?
Hi trogggy!

Thanks for the kind words.
While I was writing how to do it, i just found out, that it does not really work for resources in which are scanned into the library. it only works for added resources which are NOT scanned into the library (the only use case I needed and tested). It seems to be a bug, which I have to look into.

if the content of the source is not set, you will be fine.

This is how it should work, and hopefully does in the next version for resources in the library:

------------what I was writing before------------------------
I am not sure if it fits your need:

For movies (as an example)
in Kodi itself you can go to Video -> Files
Then open the context menu of the resource you want to browse and choose "Add to favourites".
than you can open it over the "favourites addon" in yarc
-------------------------------------------------------------------

in case you have resources not scanned into the library and can do it: if you use favourites, you might want to think about moving the items to the top10 entries, for fast access from the "front page".

With Chorus2 you should do fine as an alternative.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)5