• 10(current)
Release yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)
I'm bsolutely snowed under at the moment, but I'll try this - hopefully tonight if I can find 5 minutes! - and report back.
Thanks.
hey trogggy!

there is no need to rush. take your time.

btw to all: i realized, that there is a problem when kodi is on windows to enter folders over favourites. what also is not working (in general) if the favourite is set directly on the source, not a subfolder.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
correction:
there seems only to be a problem with multisources. favorites on single sources seems to work fine (which i don't have had).

the windows problem is also solved (in version 0.11.2 (not released yet)), only refreshing on a folder does not work. but i think i should stop going after all special cases, because it blows the code by far more than i would like to...
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).
Yep, I still have 'There is no matching item found' if the favourite's a folder containing (sub-folders with) audio files, but works fine if it contains (sub-folders with) video files.
Tested on windows and openelec, but the folders favourites are pointing to are on a windows pc at the moment.
I can move my drives to an openelec machine and test - I'll be doing that anyway in the next day or two.
I can find alternate solutions, so I'm not too worried if it doesn't ultimately work. Keeping the code tight sounds like a good idea to me.
hi trogggy,
i am working right now on it. before we go to the buttom of this (right now i know about 3 reasons which can cause this).
at least two of these issues should be solved with the next version. maybe we should wait and see if it works then. if not a closer look would be nessesary, which can get a bit difficult.
Hi all,

new version released, mostly bugfixes.
as usual you can get it here: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc

but first: if you installed version 0.11.1, i made a terrible mistake there! the folder was named with version number, not only the zip, which is wrong. maybe you have to uninstall version 0.11.1 first. sorry!

here the changelog:
Version 0.11.2
- if browsing favourites, and it's not a plugin, sort content
- FIX: if thvshow is closed and seen, the plus gets replaced by tick too
- FIX: if you open an addon, don't check the filepaths against video and audio sources
- BUGFIX: if favourit-entry is set directly on a vido or audio source, it works now also if it is mulitsource
- BUGFIX: browsing files or media works now also if kodi is run on windows
- BUGFIX: files with single quote in it can be started now in favourites
- BUGFIX: all menu items in context menu in addon details (or favorites(-sub)-folders) gets hidden if context button gets pressed again

@trogggy: i solved all 3 kodi on windows bugs i knew about. i hope (and am positive) that it work also for windows shares. i hope now it is fine for you!

@all again: i think i am comming to a state, where i think i will soon go to version 1.0.0 and hope it gets accepted to the official kodi addon repos. i am waiting for more translations (i hope for more on russian, also newly korean and thai). there are also a few very small things to improve, but they should not really bother using it right now, just -could be done better stuff-

the goal is to have a version which works on most installation very well/stable to hit version 1.0.0. so finding and get rid of bugs have priority now.
works greater and greater with every Version!
no Bugs so far i've found Laugh
Thanks for developing this. The keyboard/send text functionality is very useful to me.
thanks randomuser for the kind words
Hi all,

this post is for ppl who already use yarc.

the upcomming version will be 1.0.0 and i will apply for the kodi store. there i will maintain more stable versions, and on github more recent versions.

for that i want to produce a new youtube video. i actually did it already, but i am not happy with it. the goal is to have something shorter than the first one. So i will mention mostly only things which are not so obvious.

what do you think, what should be done better? what is missing? what is too much information?

whats not so good in my opinion:
- device orientation: play/pause is missing
- maybe a bit clearer about how to access folders (which is a bit complicated in yarc at least for now)
- maybe jump to media position (the search bar)
- i think i should leave away the touch field, only mention how to skip mulitpile menu entries with one "stroke"
- maybe shortly about sleep/hibernate etc.
- [EDIT] keyboard use

here the video:
[EDIT: Link correction] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cCFGxPkuvM

please share with me your opinion.
Hi tuxfux,

In my opinion, it is enough if you make a short overview what is possible
and - for those who can use it - how to make gestures and then reference on the readme...

yarc at list is quiet simple and great to use...
Hi all,

i uploaded the latest version. still not 1.0.0, but maybe the next one.

nothing revolutionary, but i think quite a lot small improvements.
here the changelog:
Version 0.12.0
- Posters of seasons are loaded in tv-shows
- TV show episodes get loaded when opening a specific season rather than every episode together with all seasons
- on the first start of yarc, it will use the language set in Kodi if present (or after deleting the yarc settings)
- Some CSS changes/improvements
- on start page, if no items to show in addons or favorites section, it says so
- More translations of existing languages and Russian translation (partial) added
- removed picture quality reducer, yarc gets now pictures always from kodi.
- in Series, seen seasons is now indicated in the collapsible symbol instead before title
- in Startpage, if all most recent items in Movies or TV series are seen, it indicates when collapsible is closed with a tick symbol
- link to Favorites moved from addons to topFavorites sections on Startpage
- added Runtime in episode details
- moved Music empty&play playlist buttons to playlist site for more space in music site. Now also available for video playlist
- added possibility in movie details and tv episode details to toggle between seen and unseen
- added "add to playlist" button to moviedetails
- added file size in movie and episode details download link as well as in files items in favorites which points to file directories
- update of readme.md
- added a button to delete all yarc related saved data to the setting page
- experimental: open playlist in Playlists for video and music added
- FIX: in Playlist, don't show time if not available; some other bug fixing there and optimizing code
- FIX: Translations should now always appear (ex. Year in movie)
- FIX: removed bracket remover in item labels (addon page)
- FIX: changed replacement of single quote in item labels in addons with "mins" to appropriate html code
- FIX: addons which are deactivated will not show anymore on the start page after a new start of yarc
- FIX: PlayPlaylist and PlayGenre works again

2 things to notice:
- if you used yarc before this version and had the "favorites" in the top 10 addons on the startpage, then this list shows only nine instead of 10 items. with the "delete settings and data" it will show 10 again, but yarc starts again counting which addon was started how many times. you could also modify the localStorage in your browser and set the counter to 1 or something. sorry for that, but i think i had to do that
- i could not really test the new "open playlist" function well. i have a kodi version with a bug which adds all songs twice (it's a Kodi bug i read). so i would appreciate comments on if it works well and/or if you like it.

have fun and get it from here: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc
Hey @tuxfuxch you should submit you web interface to the kodi repo, much easier to get it out to the masses with each update Smile
Author of Chorus
How do I get 'Music Videos' in the menu of YARC please?
hi skywatch,
sorry, but this is not implemented in yarc. as more features i add, as more overloaded get's the interface. i tried to do it "easy and straight forward". but then i have to compromise. not implementing music videos is one of this compromise, as well as no displaying of video sets (something i use actually by myself.

well i think about it. how do you think it could be implemented? adding it to "Music" or to "Movies"?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)5