Setting Active Skin
Most of the skins in question aren't in the official repo either so even if they did take our pull request it still doesn't help here. We are just trying to give our users a one-click install option. It is not going to force them to change the skin. We just want to be able to have a button they can click to get a list of MB3 enhanced skins and when they select one it installs.

Right now they install from the repo, then come over to our thread and have to then install our skin repo.

We could do this easily if we used our own repo for everything - but we do really want to stay in the official repo for the main app at least. Is it acceptable to have another repo as an addon requirement? (not sure that would even work).

Definitely we are willing to discuss what standards would be needed in XBMC going forward such that these mods wouldn't be needed, but it would be pretty extensive I think. Inside the directory browsing everything is pretty work-able without mods(and our addon is usable with stock skins), but the home screen widgets and menu pointers - there isn't any way around that right now. If we want 'Movies' to point to our video node automatically, the skin has to do it. Same goes for the widget meta-data for 'Recently Added Episodes' etc. We realize some skins let you modify the menu manually - but making it automatic was done at the request of users.

Thanks for your time guys,
xnappo
The python addon interface is not as open, or probably a better or different way of saying it is it is not as functional as I was expecting.

If an addon needed to change a system setting or skin to give the user a better experience then yes as long as the addon let the user know it was making the change that would be fine.

There was mention of the Json interface, I had a quick look but could not see any function that could set a system parameter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting Active Skin0