XBMSP Server
hi i started work on a xbmsp server written in python at work in my spare time not really expecting to get very far. but ive almost finished. this would mean you could share files from your xbox as you would running ccxstream, ive ran it on the xbox and it does work, not to slow really. ive also streamed some stuff from the pc(video/pics) and its working ok apart from ffw/rwd but im working on that.

i know some people wanted this so hope it helps when its done.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
assuming you run this script on a dedicated xbox, as long as it works is enough i guess Smile

:thumbsup:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

why a dedicated xbox? i know some people who store media on there xbox's but have different rooms, pc's too small to store media. means you could share your media between your xboxs, n still watch on each.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
hi heres the beta version:xbmsp

you need to place this xml file in the root of xbmc(qSmile:

xbmsp.xml
don't forgt to edit it for your shares
dave,
this is great... i don't have a use for it currently but once i get my 2nd xbox up and running with xbmc i think i may be using it.

nice work!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
lol i don't have a use for it either, but you can run it on the pc, on any operating system with python and it should work. so that might help. the only thing it doesnt support is password yet. but might add it, i just never knew it existed for xbmsp. who knew lol.

edit:

a few notes that im aware of that are 'bugs' but don't affect xbmc.

xbmsp_packet_close_all command doesn't actually do anything. just replys with ok, i never found a occurance of when this was used when a file was actualy open or a need to clear a string of file names.

xbmsp_packet_file_info only sends file size and not any date info for the file.

xbmsp_packet_set_configuration_option not added, mainly because i don't know a need for this for us. but if you have any ideas that would help.

xbmsp_packet_file_seek seems ok but im not sure if ive done it right, all tests show ok so must be fine

i think thats all, any bugs you find please let me know
oh and auto discover will not show yourself. but thats how beause of how udp works. so i havnt tested xbox discover on 2 xboxs just from pc to xbox and i havnt tested download times from the xbox just the pc. but they were just as good as ccxstream

has anyone been able to test this. ive only been able to test on pc to xbox but have found that the init playing of a video is faster, the stream seems to respond faster when the subtitles can't be found and moves on alot faster there. can anyone check this?
dave,
just curious... why would i want to run his on my pc when smb works perfectly for me?
well i sometime have trouble with smb so changed to ccxgui and that works great, seems faster than smb too. but its mainly designed for use with xbox to xbox steaming
cool, that is what i figured. as soon as my 2nd xbox is running i'll test it out. it will likely be another week or two.
if the goal is to get streaming between xboxes, one could use ftp. is it better to use this rather than ftp?
anyway. it's nice to se someone is making good python stuff.
im not sure how well video streams on ftp from xbox to xbox to be honest ive never tried, i just aiming for a nice protocol that we can use accross platforms(anything that rus python)

thor918 thans for the compliment, if you have ne ideas for my next project let me know, i try not todo ones that just grab web sites and parse them, there so boring.
i tried for some hours now but nothing. first i thought it has something to do with python scripts in general. but in the end managed to install several scripts that all do run. but when i run your script nothing happened on ther server xbox (i suppose that is correct, that the server is installed in the background)

but on the client box there is always "servidor no encontrado" :-)

here comes my configuration:

on the client xbox i put in the xboxmediacenter.xml (in root c:)

in the myvideo shares

<video>

<default />

<bookmark>

<name>on xbox</name>

<path>f:\peliculas\</path>

</bookmark>

<bookmark>

<name>dvd-rom drive</name>

<path>d:\</path>

</bookmark>
<bookmark>

<name>otro xbox</name>

<path>ftp://xbox:[email protected]:21/f/filme</path> this is my ftp share that worx well but no subtiles!!

</bookmark>

<bookmark>

<name>xbms</name>

<path>xbms://192.168.1.20:1400</path> this one i put new

</bookmark>

on the server xbox i put the xbmsp.xml in q: root
with the following contents:

<streamlist>

<xboxname>

<name>debybox</name>

</xboxname>

<share><name>test</name>

<path>'c:\'</path>

</share>

<share><name>movies</name>

<path>'f:\filme'</path>

</share>

</streamlist>

and the xbmsp.py script is in q:scripts, i start the script manually, when it finally works, of course, i would like to autexec.py it.

have you any idea of what i am doing wrong?

i am a completely newbie to that...

greetinx from havana
lakshmi
Hi everyone, ive updated the xbmsp server slightly, it now looks for the xbmsp.xml in the same path as the script. also i noticed a problem with empty folders that ive fixed. lakshmi your problem i think may be because you put 'c:\' as the path and the xbox files system needs 'c:\\' at least i think that the problem but ill need a log. The Server will run on any system that supports python. And in my own test have been alot faster than ccxsteam (which is still a great program for noobs, and inspired me to do this script)
Anyway would be cool for people to retest this for me cheers
diagdave
Your links are dead. Where's the source?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMSP Server0