TV Series - DVD order bug?
Greetings,

I use DVD order for my TV series and use TheTVDB.com as my scraper. I'm using XBMC 13.1 on OSX Mavericks.

Sometimes a TV episode has two parts. Sometimes it aired the same day, sometimes a week later, etc. On the DVD, sometimes it's one single episode and not broken out into two parts.

On TheTVDB, under DVD order, the first part is listed as (for example) DVD Episode # 1.1 and the second part is DVD Episode # 1.2.

An example would be the pilot for the TV series Monk.

Locally, I have the pilot episode of Monk saved as "Monk.s01.e01". It's a two part episode that's a single episode on the DVD, but aired as two separate episodes on the same night originally.

On TheTVDB, it's entered properly (DVD Episodes 1.1 and 1.2).

In the past, this would have worked fine and the scraper would pick it up as episode 1.

This no longer seems to work.

If I set the file name to "Monk.s01.e01.1", it picks up the part 1 episode.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. If so, feel free to slap me around.

Regards,

Randy
Monk.s01.e01.1e01.2 ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sure, that would work, but that wasn't the behavior previously. I guess I'm wondering what's changed/broken.
Surprised no one else had anything to say about this. Surely someone is aware of some fundamental change in the way this functions? I know for me at least, I'm going to have to review 350+ TV series to change the way I name episodes.
It's been that way for as long as I can remember. What might have changed is how someone entered it into TVDB.
Ned, I'm going to load some older versions of XBMC and get back to you on that. Nothing has changed on TheTVDB side as far as I know. TV shows have always been entered that way when appropriate and it worked just fine with XBMC. I'm a fairly active contributor to TheTVDB for some years now.

Here's the related documentation: http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/DVD_Order

The x.1 and x.2 methodology has been implemented on TheTVDB since at least 2007 according to the history of that page.

Randy
XBMC hasn't supported the x.y stuff for that long, so that's probably it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-06-29, 10:16)jmarshall Wrote: XBMC hasn't supported the x.y stuff for that long, so that's probably it.

Yes, but it did support it. It worked for as long as I can remember. Now it doesn't, which was the point of my message. Wink

In any case, I'm still going to test older versions and try to nail down when it stopped working. I just need some free time.

Randy
anyone got any further with this? its highly annoying!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Series - DVD order bug?0