Req Some Suggestions
Here some of my Suggestions ....
I write the suggestions for the Movies Section but most of them are for TV-shows too

- Simple Suggestions -

-> Movie Scraper Results
Can you Prefix the Search Results with an Icon ore a Letter to Show from where the Results are(TMDB,IMDB, OFDB,...)
So its clearly visible where the Data come from ....

-> Scraper Fanart/Poster File selection
If you want to change Poster/Fanart ang selecht choose File the default folder is "My Files" or whatever it named english ...
Following scheme would be more useful ....

Default is the Movie TV-Show Basefolder of the selected item ....
If you now selet an image from this path or a subfolder it keeps this methode and shows next time again the selected item Movie/TV-Show folder ...

If you select an image from a Path that is different from the Movie/TV-Show folder(subPath) it opens next time the last used path ...

-> Remove selected movies
Please rename it to "..... from DB" so its more clear that its only removed from DB and not deleted ...

- Complex Suggestions -

-> Handling of NFO and unknown tags
Unique feature ... not seen in another MediaManager ....
Actually it looks for me, like you ignore or dont process nfo with unknown XML-TAGS ....
If i add my onw XML-tags between <movie></movie> or outside of <movie> then the nfo is not processed .... is this right and why?
The big advantage of XML is that you handle the Tags you know and ignore the unknown ...
But better is not completly ignore them ... so if other tools add some or XBMC add Tags you actually dont support the could be kept ...

So my suggestion for this ...
READING of NFO:
is ther a <movie> tag -> read out the tags you support and store to DB ....

Writing:
Check if nfo already exits ...
no -> build nfo fom DB
yes ->
read nfo
select xml root and store all tag branches not <movie> into varable unknownroot
select <movie> and store all tag branches not not supported by TMM into varable unknownmovie
build nfo-xml from DB, select <movie> append unknownmovie to end, select root append unknownroot to end, write nfo ...

I hope my explenation make sense ...
If implemented tinyMediaManager would be the first wich respect unknown tags ... until now there is no other Mediamanager that do that ...

Matching to the existing contextmenu command "rewrite nfo" ... "reread nfo" and "clean nfo" (remove unknow tags) woulde also be nice ...

-> User definable ContextMenu "Scripts"
Unique feature ... not seen in another MediaManager ....

User can define over XML or GUI Userscripts ...
To build a gui is timeconsuming and if user can make a script he can make the xml to define it too so xml example ...

<userscript>
<movie>
<displayname>MySpecialScript</displayname>
<scriptpath>c:\TMMSCRIPTS\Superscript.py</scriptpath>
<flagrereadfolder>true</flagrereadfolder>
<flagrereadnfo>true</flagrereadnfo>
</movie>

<movie>
<displayname>MySpecialScript2</displayname>
<scriptpath>c:\TMMSCRIPTS\Superscript2.vbs</scriptpath>
<flagrereadfolder>true</flagrereadfolder>
<flagrereadnfo>true</flagrereadnfo>
</movie>

<tvshow>
</tvshow>

<season>
</season>

<episode>
</episode>

</userscript>

Scriptpath is executed with runwait and if returncode is true and flagrereadfolder or flagrereadnfo is set true the folder and/ or nfo is reread

right click on a movie or tvshow or season or episode shows the corresponding scripts as subItems under UserScript menuItem

Thanks ...
What I forgot .... UserScript .... we need Placeholders ... nearly the same as you use in the rename section ....
Thanks for your suggestions - much appreciated Smile

1) interesting idea to add the scraper source; never thought of that.
On the other side, we only fetch the results from one site choosen in dropdown. So no need for that.
Another idea is to build an 'universal scraper' which scrapes all the sites; might not be needed here aswell.
Have to think about it.

2) FileChooser start directory could IMHO be set, so this might be no problem.
Beside the logic to what we set it on Win/Mac/Linux...

3) Deleting movies/tv will be renamed;
and with next version we have the possibility to completely remove it from your disk (at least, move it to a backup folder first Wink)

4) unknown NFO tags is a bit tricky, since we do not parse such XML line-by-line. (neither all the others)
But yes, would be a cool feature to keep everything...
Another problem are NFO updates outside of TMM.
Which values to take? The TMM ones, or the NFO ones? Which are newer/correct? Should we overwrite eg. the title? or not...? Why..?
Of course we could do anything, but the setting should be maintanable by the user... (and you never get it right for all the people Wink)

5) user scripts. what should be archieveable within such scripts?
Just call a .bat/.sh script?
Can you give us some UseCases / practical exacmples, what i can do with such a script?

brgds
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
1) ScrapSourceInfo:
In case of Scraper-fallback i didnt know from wehere data comes .....
Different sources different Quality of data ...

2) StandardArtworkFolder:
Yes by setting it in preferences is one way, but my scheme do this automatically (last used folder or ItemFolder) ....

3) FileDeletion:
Fine ...
if deleted to a backup foler its fine (dont forget to check the free space at backup folder first before deleting ... Wink
If no backup folder I personally woulde like an option in the Settings to Disable deleting of files ... i work a lot late at night and i'm not always trustable on what i'm doing ...

4) UnknownNFOTag:
What do you mean with line-by-line ... usually you use a xml parser and get an xml tree ...or not !?
Filter/select the branches/subbranches you care and ignore branches you dont care ....

NfoUpdatesOutside:
Has nothing specially to do with UnKnownNFOTags .... so i added Pt 6

5) Userscript:
Simly everything ... its up on the User .....
Everything you dont want to implement or we cant wait for it that it is implemented or its not worth to implement only for one or to users who need it ....

Primary focus on Changing replacing, compleeting nfo, artwork , files and folders .....

But with the right scripts you can imagine everything ....
- Copying selected movies to a folder to collect and give them to a friend ....
- Access a web Service and mark a movie as watched or i have it ...
- Make toast Wink
- Everything i even cant imagine ....

What to call ...?
User specifie a Commandline with Placeholders that are replaced with the selected item Data.....
TMM doesnt care what it is or what it do ... it only execute it ..
wait for return ....
get returncode and if true and the "something is changed and tmm has to care about it" <flag...> is set then acutalise db from Folder and/or NFO ....
Im a windows user and no Java Programmer so it is explaind out of my view, but i hope java can execute a commandline and wait for return(code), even under mac, linux ... Wink

New 6) NfoUpdatesOutside or better syncing NFO-DB, or better syncing NFO-DB-ScraperSources

What Values to take ? How do you do it now !?
And if i tell TMM to read the NFO then it is my intention to use the information from there ....

But if we talk about ....
How do TMM do it now ?
- If found NFO Take Data from NFO and thats it ? or
- Combine NFO data with SraperData "cascading" ?

And what about the TMMD DB ? Higher or lower position in the cascading chain .... a lot of Quiestions if we start to think about it ....
Other MediaManagers solved this by LockButtons for every Property ...
I dont know .....
What im sure .... if the user says read NFO (by ContextMenue or from a CustomScript or however) the Informations from NFO shoulde have Priority over everything ...
In this Cases its on the User to take care ....

But during writing this lines i realized that the UserScript xmlconfig need one more flag to be safe and consistent:
<flagUpdateNfoFirst> ... means it write data from DB to NFO File and then execute Script .... (if TMM dont store UnknownTags they get lost) ...
So if Items are changed in TMM we have the chance to update the nfo ... if the ScriptCreator wish it ...

So thats enough for now ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Suggestions0