Change Audio Track?
I have some TV Shows that have multiple Audio Tacks (German and English).
When I watch these series, I always want to have the English audio, but when I have friends over I would like to simply switch the default language to German.

Since there doesn't seem to be an add-on for that, I'd like to write one.
But I'm wondering if that's even possible. I would probably need a callback function that is called every time a video is played, a function to get a list or count of all audio tracks of the video and a function that I can use to select the audio track.

I hope someone with some experience here can help me. Smile

Best regards,
forivon
Huh
Ability to select an audio or a subs track from multiple audio or subtitles tracks is a standard XBMC functionality.
Yeah, but when you are going to watch 10 episodes of a tv series, then you don't really want to select the right audio track every time a new episode starts.
That's why I want to write the add on.

The add-on should simply have an option to always select audio track #x or maybe even an option to automatically detect the languages and select the one you configure it to.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...dioStreams

I think that you would want a service that toggles between two languages when an addon is run.

It could detect when the player starts:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...ackStarted

And determine which audio track to play and then set it:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...udioStream
I've never written anything in python before, but would that run as an add-on?

Code:
import xbmc
myPlayer = xbmc.Player();

language = "english"

def onPlayBackResumed():
    OnPlay();
    return

def onPlayBackSeekChapter():
    OnPlay();
    return

def onPlayBackStarted():
    OnPlay();
    return

def OnPlay():
    myPlayer.getAvailableAudioStreams()
    i = 0;
    for audioStream in list:
        i += 1
        print audioStream
        if language in audioStream:
            myPlayer.setAudioStream(i)
            break
    return

Is there some kind of quick manual that would tell me how I can run the script in XBMC? I really don't feel like learning the whole system for such a little add-on.
No, I dont think that would run, but its the right instincts.

I have some movies that always have subtitles when they start and always have the wrong audio track playing as well.

So I created this service to always turn subtitles off when something is playing and to switch to the first 'eng' audio track (if one exists).

https://github.com/KODeKarnage/service.english.only

It should give you the idea of the structure you need.

Otherwise there is the wiki. Though that is a little hit and miss.
Thanks! This will probably help a lot!
Though I'm a bit confused. What is it with the global var check_audio? Couldn't we handle this inside the callback function?
This way we could spare the main function and the while loop which is constantly running. Or is this really necessary?
The while loop has to be constantly running to pick up the OnPlaybackStarted.

The global variable is a quick hack. Smile
Maybe I'm missing something here, but XBMC has settings to set default languages for audio and subs, provided that audio and subs tracks have proper language tags.
Where are these settings? I couldn't find them by searching manually and I even googled for it and found nothing...

edit: I could find the subtitle options and there was an option to set the default DVD region, I also found general language/region settings under Appearence, but all these options do not affect the audio stream chosen by XBMC...
(2014-06-27, 08:58)forivon Wrote: Where are these settings? I couldn't find them by searching manually and I even googled for it and found nothing...

I also found general language/region settings under Appearence, but all these options do not affect the audio stream chosen by XBMC...

I guess, you haven't switched your settings to 'Expert' level.
I have set them to the highest level.
Where did you find the option and what exactly was the name?
Do you even use the default skin?
hello?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Audio Track?0