Linux Running Java executables (Hyperion Config)
Hi all, I have been adding an Ambilight setup to my V11.0 (Eden) XBMC running in Ubuntu 12.04.04 following a great tutorial from "illiac4" called "Hyperion Ambilight on linux". I have everything installed including the Java 7, but cannot get the Hypercon.jar executable to run. I have marked it as executable, and tried opening it with both Java6 and 7 without luck. I desperately need this to generate the config file. Please help! Is there something really stupid I'm missing?

hardware: ION Atom 330 (1.6Ghz Dual core, with VDAPU enabled), 4Gb RAM
How have you tried to run it? what commands did you use? What output did you get at the controlling terminal?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
After marking it as executable I ran from the desktop (had it in my ~/downloads/ folder) by right clicking and selecting "open with" then Java 7. There was no visible output or warning message.

Thanks for looking
Run it from commandline and note the output.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just tried and got this;
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/hyperion/hypercon/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
Could not find the main class: org.hyperion.hypercon.Main. Program will exit."

Any ideas? I'm stuck
google that first line in the output and see what you get.
Googled last night and for the first time ever, I got just one hit! Amazing! It appears I done the install whilst I only had Java 6 installed. Will remake tonight in Java 7. Shame there is no backward compatibility in the config tool for Hyperion. Will post back results. Thanks for the pointer.
No good! I removed java 6, cleaned out the tmp folder, deleted the two files from the bin directory and ran the commands again to make. After that I still get the same error!
Checked the version in terminal and got the result 1.6!?
So I purged Java from the computer and reinstalled jre7.

It now works! Just got to build the config file now, fingers crossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Java executables (Hyperion Config)0