Ati 14.4 drivers are they usable with xbmc ?
Hi all

I have xbmc 12.2 and have a ati gfx card installed and using driver 12.2 and has problems playing the odd movie. Now I have another system a work system which I installed xbmc onto to try it out as that system is not used for videos but has 13.2 drivers installed and the movie works.

Now I have read that drivers that start with 13 are not that good with xbmc and wanted to know is it best to use drivers 14.4 and is there any problems with these drivers and xbmc as I have read that some have went back to version 12 of the drivers because of problems with driver versions 13.

Thanks for any help

Cheers
I'm from the old school of it's an't broke don't fix it... I'm using an ati XFX 5770 with 13.1 , this might be hardware dependant so it would be helpful to mention the gfx card and gfx ram you are using and any issues? Move along to Gotham 13.1 and you'll put a few bugs behind you and give your system a bit of a lift.
Using 14.4 with a 7850 card - no issues at all on Gotham 13.1.
Thanks

It's a ati 5700 sapphire gfx card. It's only a couple of videos might try xbmc 13 first

Cheers
I'm using 14.4 drivers on my hd6770 with no issues in playback. I am having an issue with HDMI audio but that looks like to be an issue with the TV not being able to passthrough a full 5.1 signal (only passthroughs a 2.0 signal) but that isn't related to the computer or drivers themselves.
I had to drop back from 14 to 13 as for some unknown reason the 14 driver set kept causing my display device driver to stop functioning all the time!

It was infuriating and I believe it affected a few users (after a quick google) I therefore used driver wiper and went back to 13 and it's been stable ever since.. Don't think I'll go to 14 until a few more revisions have been completed.
hi there using drivers 14.4 at the moment what version of 13 drivers are very stable ? as I was using 12.4 drivers before the 14.4 update.

anyway the drivers did not sort out the problem I have yet to try out xbmc 13 to see if it fixes this.

are drivers 14.4 still ok to use ? and how often do ati update there drivers as it used to be once a month but herd that 14.4 has problems I just hope it does not bugger my system up. I watched 2 movies last night on 14.4 drivers and seemed ok

the only thing is if your audio settings are not right in xbmc screen is just blank when playing a movie back that's until you get the right settings and the picture comes back.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ati 14.4 drivers are they usable with xbmc ?0