Using mythtv backend from XBMC on a different coomputer
Yes it is and I really do appreciate the help. Mythtv forum is not very helpful. I don't know that I really need this feature, but is there a way to access mythtv backend from outside the local network, like on LTE? I have xbmc running on my phone but I know the address used is a local address. It's not really needed but I was just curious.
most myth people prefer the mythtv-users mailing list, but it can be quite high volume. Their forum is a pretty recent affair and I still go to the mailing list for support.

My advice to anyone setting up mythtv is:

1. Use mythtbuntu.

2. Set it up from the start to be accessible over the network (there is an option when you install from the DVD) it is a pain to change later.

3. Use mythbuntu repos to make sure you have the latest fixes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-03, 02:39)xmjsilverx Wrote: Yes it is and I really do appreciate the help. Mythtv forum is not very helpful. I don't know that I really need this feature, but is there a way to access mythtv backend from outside the local network, like on LTE? I have xbmc running on my phone but I know the address used is a local address. It's not really needed but I was just curious.

I don't think you want to open up the mythtv and mysql ports to the outside world, so a VPN is probably the way to go in this case.

/D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using mythtv backend from XBMC on a different coomputer0