• 68(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
What is the machine's hostname?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-06-06, 03:26)glubbish Wrote: Hi Janbar,

Thanks for looking at this.

I have a single machine, contains mythfrontend/mythbackend/kodi

At some point I moved to this machine, so there may be some recordings from the previous machine.
However the mythweb recordings without a thumbnail go from jan to apr 7 2015, so could all have been on this machine.
These recordings can be played successfully so are readable.

Questions:
Is there any way to relate the listed preview eg: 2585_1427763600_000 back to the actual recording?
Is the issue related to http://xbmc:6544 rather than http://kodi:6544 ? It should not redirect, as there is only one backend.

Thanks
Please check how many backend host are registred in your database 'mythconverg':
Code:
select * from settings where value = 'BackendServerIP';
Then if there is any conflict (eg. same address IP with others hostname), you should delete all settings with bad hostname, and update field 'hostname' of table 'recorded' to set the good host you want to keep for those recordings.

Edit:
Finally when you have cleanup your database, try to load preview with browser for URL:
Code:
http://___backendIP___:6544/Content/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=2585&StartTime=2015-03-27T01%3A00%3A00Z
Now your backend shoudn't loop redirect.
Probably you have change the hostname of your backend host without migrating your database. Seems when addon call GetPreviewImage, backend send a redirect message (code 301) with location "http://xbmc:6544....". So addon retry to the given location (which is the same IP !) and the backend send again a redirect message (301): crazy !!!
(2015-03-26, 17:39)uncle hammy Wrote: Hi,

I have Kodi (Android, most current available) installed on a WeTek Play with the mythtv.pvr addon. Backend is MythTV 0.27 -> v0.27.4-41-gf1115fc. Everything seems to be working well, video is smooth, audio is there, etc. However, on 3 of my channels (LiveTV or Recordings), all of which happend to be 720p channels, the audio drifts out of sync with the video. It typically starts out in sync, then slowly gets further and further ahead of the video to the point where it is literally almost a minute or two ahead. I am new to using Kodi as a Myth frontend, so can anyone help me start troubleshooting this? I have tried different settings in the system settings with no luck.

Thanks!

I looked through the thread and didn't see a response to this. I'm using a Raspberry Pi2 frontend running an OpenELEC nightly using an HDHomerun tuner into the MythTV box. I'm having exactly this same problem, so it seems to be MythTV addon related. Only see this with 720P stuff. Any ideas where to start looking?

EDIT: To add some more detail, I'm running the 2.1.1 version of the addon. Is it possible for me to build a newer version on the Raspberry Pi box? If so could someone point me in the general direction of how to get started. My MythTV box is running MythBuntu 14.04.2 LTS which contains MythTV .27 as far as I can tell.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-06-06, 17:09)afremont Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 17:39)uncle hammy Wrote: Hi,

I have Kodi (Android, most current available) installed on a WeTek Play with the mythtv.pvr addon. Backend is MythTV 0.27 -> v0.27.4-41-gf1115fc. Everything seems to be working well, video is smooth, audio is there, etc. However, on 3 of my channels (LiveTV or Recordings), all of which happend to be 720p channels, the audio drifts out of sync with the video. It typically starts out in sync, then slowly gets further and further ahead of the video to the point where it is literally almost a minute or two ahead. I am new to using Kodi as a Myth frontend, so can anyone help me start troubleshooting this? I have tried different settings in the system settings with no luck.

Thanks!

I looked through the thread and didn't see a response to this. I'm using a Raspberry Pi2 frontend running an OpenELEC nightly using an HDHomerun tuner into the MythTV box. I'm having exactly this same problem, so it seems to be MythTV addon related. Only see this with 720P stuff. Any ideas where to start looking?

EDIT: To add some more detail, I'm running the 2.1.1 version of the addon. Is it possible for me to build a newer version on the Raspberry Pi box? If so could someone point me in the general direction of how to get started. My MythTV box is running MythBuntu 14.04.2 LTS which contains MythTV .27 as far as I can tell.

It is easy to compile addon for OpenElec. But before you have to build yourself OpenElec from sources and finally compile the addon using generated toolchain. I explained how to at "http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource#Build_MythTV_git_into_OpenELEC". To do that you need 4 ~ 8 hours using quad cores cpu !
So for your issue, it probably not related to addon but rather from player / codec / optimized video hardware: The audio/video sync is handled by player or optimized layer.
If you have enabled internal demuxing of the addon then try disabling it: if it fixed the issue please let me know, but i think not.
Hi Janbar,

This is starting to make sense, now. Not a plugin issue, but a mythtv issue.
Let me know if I should log a help request there.

mysql> select * from settings where data = '10.0.0.60';
+-----------------+-----------+----------+
| value | data | hostname |
| MasterServerIP | 10.0.0.60 | NULL |
| BackendServerIP | 10.0.0.60 | kodi |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

and

mysql> select distinct hostname from settings;
+-----------------+
| hostname |
+-----------------+
| xbmc |
| kodi |
| NULL |
| test-virtualbox |
| localhost |
+-----------------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from settings where value = 'MasterServerIP';
+----------------+-----------+----------+
| MasterServerIP | 10.0.0.60 | NULL |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from settings where value = 'BackendServerIP';
| BackendServerIP | 10.0.0.60 | kodi |
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 | xbmc |
| BackendServerIP | 127.0.0.1 | xbmc |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from recorded where hostname = 'xbmc';
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 173 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from recorded where hostname = 'kodi';
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 197 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

173+197 = 370 which is the number of recording I have (according to mythweb).

Current hostname is kodi.

So I did:
mysql> update recorded set hostname ='kodi' where hostname ='xbmc';

And now those messages are gone, and mythweb has thumbnails for all the recordings.

Thanks Janbar. I have learned a lot doing this exercise.
Did you change the hostname? Bad move! My backend has retained the same hostname through numerous hardware changes and OS upgrades.

See here - https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Bac...or_backend or go to the mythtv-user mailing list and ask.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Nickr,

Read my last edit, I believe the issue is now resolved.

However I do still get the:

09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)__connectAddr: failed to connect (111)
09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)InitWSAPI: invalid response
09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)__connectAddr: failed to connect (111)
09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: Failed to connect to MythTV backend on 127.0.0.1:6543
09:49:27 T:140123467392768 ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client:

This appears to be related to kodi starting before myth backend is up.
If I restart kodi, then I do not get this error.
Based on what the really clever guy who wrote the myth wiki stuff says, it may not be completely fixed.

I suggest you delay kodi's start.
(2015-06-06, 22:32)janbar Wrote: It is easy to compile addon for OpenElec. But before you have to build yourself OpenElec from sources and finally compile the addon using generated toolchain. I explained how to at "http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFromSource#Build_MythTV_git_into_OpenELEC". To do that you need 4 ~ 8 hours using quad cores cpu !
So for your issue, it probably not related to addon but rather from player / codec / optimized video hardware: The audio/video sync is handled by player or optimized layer.
If you have enabled internal demuxing of the addon then try disabling it: if it fixed the issue please let me know, but i think not.

I made a change in Kodi (OpenELEC) System->Settings->Video->Acceleration to enable the "Prefer PTS timestamps". I think that fixed it for me.

That said, since I'm running an OpenELEC nightly, why isn't the newest version of the Addon merged into that already? Is it not stable yet?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-06-08, 02:55)afremont Wrote: That said, since I'm running an OpenELEC nightly, why isn't the newest version of the Addon merged into that already? Is it not stable yet?
I build the RPi OpenELEC test builds with the latest pvr.mythtv from the official repository.

I guess it's up to janbar to decide when he wants to push his updates to the official repo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse i already made the PR https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv/pull/11 , but this repo is a cimetery and i have not credential to pull anything. Br
OK thanks for the heads up, I'll include https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv/pull/11 in the next build, #0607 (uploading now).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I am trying to shave some monthly costs and get rid of my cable set top boxes. I am close to making the switch to using my in place Kodi setup with MythTV as the back end.

I have noticed that many channels are not color coded in the EPG and the category is "unknown." While this is not a deal breaker, it does increase the "wife's lack of tolerance" to any change in our lives.

My searches for solutions have only turned up this article:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/DVB-EIT-categories

It seems to be quite involved and also lacking some info, like where I can find the proper categories for the "conversion script." I am using Schedules Direct to pull the scheduling info, but I am not sure if this is adding to the problem.

Is there a different way to accomplish this? Maybe I have something mis-configured. If I access mythweb, all of the listings are color coded and have the correct category defined.

Any help would be appreciated!
(2015-06-08, 22:34)HocEman Wrote: I am trying to shave some monthly costs and get rid of my cable set top boxes. I am close to making the switch to using my in place Kodi setup with MythTV as the back end.

I have noticed that many channels are not color coded in the EPG and the category is "unknown." While this is not a deal breaker, it does increase the "wife's lack of tolerance" to any change in our lives.

My searches for solutions have only turned up this article:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/DVB-EIT-categories

It seems to be quite involved and also lacking some info, like where I can find the proper categories for the "conversion script." I am using Schedules Direct to pull the scheduling info, but I am not sure if this is adding to the problem.

Is there a different way to accomplish this? Maybe I have something mis-configured. If I access mythweb, all of the listings are color coded and have the correct category defined.

Any help would be appreciated!
Yes there is: simply copying "default" file pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt to user kodi addon profile of the addon: $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/ .Then update copied files as you need, matching your mythtv categories names with category code.
I doesn't yet write a documentation about, but it will be soon ...

EDIT: the file is loaded on addon startup, so you have to restart kodi to reload updated content
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1