• 73(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
@afremont, it is a bug in kodi with sub-channels. You should open a track ticket in kodi track database to report the bug.
Hopefully there is a workaround: Rename your channels number removing "_" or ".", eg "14_1" become "141". Then the addon won't register these channels as sub-channel when transfering to Kodi.
(2015-08-26, 19:07)AshG Wrote: @janbar - ok here we go, seem to be 2 crash logs? but Kodi only crashed once? both are below in order of time. Hope this helps!

http://xbmclogs.com/pr5dgvbms

http://xbmclogs.com/pcxnnkb4b

Weird. basically your crashes are is not related with the addon and probably not with kodi too. I tried the scenario with kodi 15.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 10 and OSX and i haven't the issue. I suggest you to upgrade your system (apt-get upgrade) to get latest fixes for libs. Also it could be linked with your graphic hardware: Try to upgrade your drivers.
Hi JanBar, thanks for looking, i recently did a upgrade at the weekend, so it was pretty much up-to-date, my GPU is integrated on to the processor (Intel)- I thought the drivers would have been updated with the OS (Ubuntu 14.04) - I'll do a little investigation....

However you are right that there's an issue with my particular setup and not kodi. I've just installed kodi on my Mac and also on a old laptop that has Ubuntu installed on and I can't reproduce... How annoying! Logically thinking, the only difference is that there's difference hardware (the Ubuntu that I'm having issues with has far superior hardware than my laptop) and it also has a number of other processes running on it e.g mythtvbackend....
(2015-08-27, 10:28)AshG Wrote: Hi JanBar, thanks for looking, i recently did a upgrade at the weekend, so it was pretty much up-to-date, my GPU is integrated on to the processor (Intel)- I thought the drivers would have been updated with the OS (Ubuntu 14.04) - I'll do a little investigation....

However you are right that there's an issue with my particular setup and not kodi. I've just installed kodi on my Mac and also on a old laptop that has Ubuntu installed on and I can't reproduce... How annoying! Logically thinking, the only difference is that there's difference hardware (the Ubuntu that I'm having issues with has far superior hardware than my laptop) and it also has a number of other processes running on it e.g mythtvbackend....

You may not be running the latest graphics for Intel GPU. From a quick look at your recent crash logs you are running a 3.13 ubuntu kernel. Latest Intel graphics use 3.19 kernel on 14.04 using LTS stack

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

Mike
Thanks Mike, I wasn't aware you could upgrade the kernal outside the apt-get upgrade...

I've upgraded to 3.19 kernal using : sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid.

But I still get the crashes.... It's not a major problem, as to reproduce it you have change channels 3-4 times quickly, also by using the numeric buttons it works perfectly. I can only reproduce it when pressing up or down - there's a change going in the next kodi release that allows you to select the option to "confirm ok" when pressing up and down so this will solve my issue.
(2015-08-28, 10:55)AshG Wrote: Thanks Mike, I wasn't aware you could upgrade the kernal outside the apt-get upgrade...

I've upgraded to 3.19 kernal using : sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid.

But I still get the crashes.... It's not a major problem, as to reproduce it you have change channels 3-4 times quickly, also by using the numeric buttons it works perfectly. I can only reproduce it when pressing up or down - there's a change going in the next kodi release that allows you to select the option to "confirm ok" when pressing up and down so this will solve my issue.

The "sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid" is only applicable to Ubuntu Server version and likely did not install the updated X stack components.

Do a "sudo apt-get update" before one of the following (depending on your configuration) :

(extract from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack)

DESKTOP

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-vivid libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid

MULTIARCH DESKTOP

If you run a multiarch desktop (for example, i386 and amd64 on amd64, for gaming or Wine), you may find you need a slightly more involved command, like this:

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-vivid libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid:i386 libglapi-mesa-lts-vivid:i386

Edit:
Make sure you reboot the PC afterwards.

Mike
(2015-08-26, 21:59)janbar Wrote: @afremont, it is a bug in kodi with sub-channels. You should open a track ticket in kodi track database to report the bug.
Hopefully there is a workaround: Rename your channels number removing "_" or ".", eg "14_1" become "141". Then the addon won't register these channels as sub-channel when transfering to Kodi.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure where the problem was. I'm afraid that if I rename all the channum items in the database, that I'll break some other things so I'll just cope with it until it's fixed. I'll create a bug report in the kodi track database and see what happens. Thanks, I really appreciate all your efforts.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
current mythbackend version is: master [v0.28-pre-3051-gd03d51d]

I'm trying to run pvr.mythtv 2.6.2 on my android phone. I assume that I won't be able to use the precompiled version for openelec (I've tried it and it doesn't work), how would I go about compiling from source to run on my android phone? could I follow the instructions for Ubuntu that are on page 5 of this thread?

Can't wait to be able to watch live TV on my phone with Kodi!

thanks!
If you go to www.kodi.tv, you can download the Android version of kodi. I've managed to get that working on an Amazon Fire TV Stick, a Nexus 7 2013 tablet and my Moto G 2014 phone. My tablet was running an old Jelly Bean build and libstagefright didn't seem to work well with interlaced video. By disabling libstagefright acceleration, it works fine.

I also use a MythTV backend with HDHomerun network tuners.

On a side note, I installed openvpn on an Ubuntu server virtual machine at my home. Since MythTV and Kodi aren't really designed (security wise) to be connected directly to the internet, I use a vpn tunnel. Using openvpn connect for Android, I can tunnel to my home and watch TV or recordings remotely as long as there is enough bandwidth at the wifi hotspot that I'm using. The problem is that I'm streaming full MPEG2 video through the tunnel. I suspect that if I had the better HDHomerun that uses H.264 (or transcoded my videos to H.264), I would have less buffering issues.

All is not perfect though, uPNP (DLNA) doesn't work properly with a tunnel so my "links" to the MythTV music and videos that I created with the "add files" mechanism doesn't work. It would seem that Kodi relies on being able to use uPNP to access those file archives at run-time instead of remembering the IP address of the source.

An upcoming project is to attempt to build Kodi (really OpenELEC) from source, but I haven't dug into that yet.
So, the version of Kodi I've installed is from the play store. Are you saying that if I d/l it from www.kodi.tv that pvr.mythtv 2.6.2 is included or what flavor should I get from janbar's prebuilt bianries?

1. what version of mythbackend are you running?
2. Did you get a prebuilt binary from janbar or the one that came with kodi?

thanks
I downloaded the latest "Android" binary from www.kodi.tv and "sideload" it on the device using adb. I was able to "enable" the MythPVR addon by going to System/Addons/My Addons/PVR clients/MythTV PVR Client and configuring and enabling it. The myth PVR addon is version 2.5.0 and seems to work okay with my mythTV installation. I'm running Mythbuntu and the mythTV version seems to be .27.5-4. I have not tried upgrading the Android addons.
thanks - I'm running the latest beta -- mythbackend version is: master [v0.28-pre-3051-gd03d51d]

v2.5.0 that comes with Kodi won't talk to the backend version I'm running so I think I might need to build 2.6.2 from source and I was wondering how I could do it if I was running Kodi 15 on my android phone. The v2.5.0 will talk to a Mythbackend running .27 fine. I want to run the beta v.28 because of the automatic nice commercial skipping that the latest pvr.mythtv has built into it for mythbackend v.28.

Maybe janbar can reply with an answer for how to compile v2.6.2 for android

thanks
You're welcome, something else here that might be helpful to you. I use the following advancedsettings.xml file on the Fire TV Stick and other Android devices, it seems to help with buffering issues.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
        <buffermode>1</buffermode>
        <cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
        <readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    <pvr>
        <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
        <minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
    </pvr>
</advancedsettings>
@docjay, currently i haven t yet try to build with android tool chain. Sure i will try it and i will post an how to for that. For now you should wait for kodi 15.2 which will be out soon and it will includes some critical fixes for android and the latest addon pvr.mythtv 2.7.2.

This bug : See bug http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16141 , is blocking since addon links recordings with epg events in 2.6.2. It is fixed in kodi 15.2. Also i removed this feature in the development branch while it is not fixed for kodi 16.
@janbar @docjay

For Android (arm) you have to build full kodi from source (I use Ubuntu 15.04) but you cannot just build the pvr.mythtv addon and install it via zip file (current kodi android design does not allow this)

The build process is documented https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ME.android This is definitely not for faint hearted.

You are probably better off using kodi nightly Android builds from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android/arm/ if you need latest mythtv backend support i.e. 0.28 pre protocol 87

Note these are for Jarvis (not yet released and in active developement)

Mike
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1