• 82(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Hey Janbar. I am just noticing this now that this is a new version of mythtv pvr and not based on cmyth. I am now curious what I am using where. I am not on the latest kodi betas yet, and use Kodi with Ubuntu (Intel chips/graphics), Android, and an RPi 2 via openelec.

I am actually going through the process of building the latest kodi nightlies now on my own machine, as I want a build debug version, and I will check out your source and start building this as well. I want to start running kodi RCs early on my machines as Gotham had a lot of random crashes and overall bizzarness with Ubuntu that I want to investigate. I am hoping debug builds and core files are a good place to start.

Most seem to have been crashes in response to PVR actions, and one of my machines is an intel nuc box, that I have sleep via CEC when I power off my tv, and when it wakes from sleep, it never behaves right as far is updating EPG and Guide data. All my machines seem to bring up the wrong time line (not current time with the blue line) randomly, which is fixed by closing the guide and opening it again.

All that said I think none of this is with pvr.mythtv and I bet I am using the libcmyth one so anywho, thanks for all your support!!
(Living Room)
core i7 HD4000 running MythTV .27 and XBMC 16
on XBMCUbuntu 14.04 with 24Hz, DTS-HDMA 7.1
(Bedroom)
core i3 Intel Nuc MythTV .27(front end) and XBMC 16
on Xubuntu 14.04 with 24Hz,
(Mother-in-Law)
Second Gen Raspberry Pi running OpenElec
Droid Turbo with kodi and live tv!
@S4Rs

I am currently building from Kodi Master on Ubuntu 15.10 (x86_64), Debian Jessie (x86_64) and Raspbian Jessie (armhf) on Raspberry Pi 2 with no problems. I also use Android Nightly builds (I can build from source - it just takes a while ). All are running against Mythtv backend 0.28pre, which is due for release early February.

One day I will get the cross compile working for Raspberry Pi 2 (running Raspbian Jessie), I have a Pi 2 setup to do development, running on an SSD instead of micro flash card, it currently takes 110 minutes for a clean build of Kodi, excluding the binary-addons - I only need pvr.mythtv, so build from Janbar doityourself branch.

Mike
Hi, I'm trying to get pvr.mythtv working on an Android box. I downloaded the nightly builds ARM version and installed from the APK file. I set up and enabled pvr.mythtv. I enabled TV in the KODI settings then restarted KODI.
Kodi reports Add-on couldn't be loaded - check log.

When I check the pvr.mythtv add-on it is disabled.

The log does not seem to have any useful information. only reference to mythtv is this:
16:26:40 T:18446744072290886072 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in pvr.mythtv has been installed.'

No errors in the log relate to pvr.mythtv.

I have another KODI box running with pvr.mythtv and working with no problems. The working box is X86 box running Ubuntu so I know the problem is not with the myth backend.

Can anyone give me some help to sort this out?
(2016-01-24, 05:48)SteveV Wrote: Hi, I'm trying to get pvr.mythtv working on an Android box. I downloaded the nightly builds ARM version and installed from the APK file. I set up and enabled pvr.mythtv. I enabled TV in the KODI settings then restarted KODI.
Kodi reports Add-on couldn't be loaded - check log.

When I check the pvr.mythtv add-on it is disabled.

The log does not seem to have any useful information. only reference to mythtv is this:
16:26:40 T:18446744072290886072 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in pvr.mythtv has been installed.'

No errors in the log relate to pvr.mythtv.

I have another KODI box running with pvr.mythtv and working with no problems. The working box is X86 box running Ubuntu so I know the problem is not with the myth backend.

Can anyone give me some help to sort this out?

Download this version from arm nightly builds kodi-20160106-94a1b98-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

The arm nightly builds have recently switched to master branch of Kodi from Jarvis version in preparation for a new version (Krypton) . There have been a lot of updates which are just taking time to go through the build process. The joys of working with nightly builds is that they do break from time to time.

Mike
Quote:Download this version from arm nightly builds kodi-20160106-94a1b98-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

The arm nightly builds have recently switched to master branch of Kodi from Jarvis version in preparation for a new version (Krypton) . There have been a lot of updates which are just taking time to go through the build process. The joys of working with nightly builds is that they do break from time to time.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

that version did allow me to start the add-on, but it now seems to get stuck with lots of errors.

the log is at http://pastebin.com/vQQ0f7KJ can anyone please help to decipher the cause of this issue.
Could it be a permissions issue, I saw this in another thread

2. You may need to setup the mysql user (root if I read your log correct) for external access. Something like:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

but I can't say that I understand how I would use this in my case, also my other KODI box running on Ubuntu has no problem running the mythtv add-on.

Download this version from arm nightly builds kodi-20160106-94a1b98-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk

Mike
[/quote]

Thanks Mike.

that version did allow me to start the add-on, but it now seems to get stuck with lots of errors.

the log is at http://pastebin.com/vQQ0f7KJ can anyone please help to decipher the cause of this issue.
Could it be a permissions issue, I saw this in another thread

2. You may need to setup the mysql user (root if I read your log correct) for external access. Something like:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

but I can't say that I understand how I would use this in my case, also my other KODI box running on Ubuntu has no problem running the mythtv add-on.
[/quote]

From a quick look at your log, you have added some other addons which may be confusing your mythtv problems.

I don't think it is a permissions issue on mysql as pvr.mythtv is connecting to your myth backend, but cannot find some channel icons.

Suggest you uninstall kodi and reinstall without any other addons. Also in the kodi pvr.mythtv addon please enable "Include more debug information in the log file", this is in Advanced tab of the pvr.mythtv addon, restart kodi and provide a new debug log.

Mike
Hi - I am using mythbackend 0.28pre and mythtv kodi plugin 2.8.5 on a raspberry pi 2 with osmc AND also on an intel x86 archlinux install with kodi (same mythtv kodi plugin)

recordings seem to be playing fine - but when i am watching live TV, it really seems to struggle. It will all of a sudden get stuck on a video frame - the audio may pause then start again, but the video will be stuck.

Interestingly, i was watching the same program simultaneously on the intel x86 and the rpi - and they got stuck on exactly the same frame.

No such issue on the native mythtv frontend (also playing on a separate computer from the backend)

I'll work on trying to get a debug log for it - but in the mean time, and ideas?
@MikeB2013 , @SteveV, last nightly was invalid caused by api change. I merged required things 1 hour ago. br
I'm using the Linux EGL builds which are based on Krypton. Just recently, the myth plugin was not being included because of the "API Bump"

Is there a prebuilt version of the myth plugin for krypton?
@gregbert , do you use addon with setting "Enable demuxing MPEG-TS" ?

If NO then you should open a trac ticket for kodi with debug log.

If YES then i have to test the demuxer with a sample of your video stream. Also does it occur on all channels ?

update: Also, could you keep this livetv stream and do a sample around the time where the issue occurred ?
@smitopher, I provide pre-build for dev addon only for ubuntu , on my ppa:

https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

The package is named : kodi-pvr-mythtv-dev

It is build every day. Also i am forcing the build now.

update: It is very very very easy to build it on Linux
@smitopher the good version of the ubuntu pkg is: kodi-pvr-mythtv-dev - 4~577~... , so the revision 577
(2016-01-24, 21:41)janbar Wrote: @smitopher the good version of the ubuntu pkg is: kodi-pvr-mythtv-dev - 4~577~... , so the revision 577
Thanks, that was the ticket.

I had installed the previous package before you got 577 out there and took a couple if iterations before I remembered I had to do apt-get update before i would get 577

Kodi PVR with MythTV is now running .Blush
(2016-01-24, 11:19)MikeB2013 Wrote: From a quick look at your log, you have added some other addons which may be confusing your mythtv problems.

I don't think it is a permissions issue on mysql as pvr.mythtv is connecting to your myth backend, but cannot find some channel icons.

Suggest you uninstall kodi and reinstall without any other addons. Also in the kodi pvr.mythtv addon please enable "Include more debug information in the log file", this is in Advanced tab of the pvr.mythtv addon, restart kodi and provide a new debug log.

Mike

I uninstalled KODI and installed the latest nightly build loaded (Thanks Janbar). pvr.mythtv loaded. Still same problem.

new log with more debug info is at http://pastebin.com/q3FXBeUK

Thanks for your help on this.
Updated release schedule for MythTV 0.28:
Quote: Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
So the new timelines are as follows
1st Feb - cut a beta for 0.28, and ideally tag 0.27.6
29th Feb - cut RC1
28th Mar - release 0.28
probably be additional RC's between RC1 and release.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1