• 83(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2016-01-25, 02:12)SteveV Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 11:19)MikeB2013 Wrote: From a quick look at your log, you have added some other addons which may be confusing your mythtv problems.

I don't think it is a permissions issue on mysql as pvr.mythtv is connecting to your myth backend, but cannot find some channel icons.

Suggest you uninstall kodi and reinstall without any other addons. Also in the kodi pvr.mythtv addon please enable "Include more debug information in the log file", this is in Advanced tab of the pvr.mythtv addon, restart kodi and provide a new debug log.

Mike

I uninstalled KODI and installed the latest nightly build loaded (Thanks Janbar). pvr.mythtv loaded. Still same problem.

new log with more debug info is at http://pastebin.com/q3FXBeUK

Thanks for your help on this.

Regarding log the addon seems to work as expected. If Kodi doesn't show any things about pvr then probably the issue is elsewhere.
As you backend is 0.27.5, you should try first the stable release of Kodi. Then if it works as expected you will be able to try dev build.

Also , i know disabling LiveTV in addon settings will disable pvr menu. Addon recordings are still available but only throw a video source for type pvr.
Hi Janbar,

I am using mythtv plugin 2.8.5 for kodi 15.2. I am transcoding, and then commercial detecting.

When playing on kodi, it consistently tries to skip commercials about 5-10 seconds too early. If i play the same video back on mythfrontend it skips at the appropriate location. i've reproduced this both on my intel archlinux box as well as my Rpi2 OSMC.

it does it on multiple recordings (havent found one it does it correctly on). i do have commercial detection running AFTER transcode. (and mythtv frontend works just fine, as i said)

my backend is 0.28pre

EDIT: Commercial skipping works correctly on files that have not been transcoded.

thoughts?
@grepbert, weird if you have backend 0.28. Commflags are picked directly from backend and pushed to kodi core as they are.
Seems there is an issue for some transcoded streams. Which is the kind of transcoded stream ?

Edit: I thought too it exist advanced settings about commbreak management in kodi. Have you tuned something here ? It could have a default setting which move for 5 or 10 seconds the breaks.
Its a lossless transcoded stream

Commercial skipping works fine for non-transcoded streams, or for transcoded streams in the mythfrontend. but not for transcoded streams on mythtv plugin for kodi.

I do not know where the "Advanced settings" are - i dont believe ive ever seen an option like this either.
I'm running the OpenElec EGL build and I have built your latest Krypton myth addon

My problem is with Commercial Skip. Playback of a myth recording does not handle commercial skip. After the commercial skip, playback is like 1 frame every 3 to 5 seconds and no audio.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the OpenElec EGL build or the pvr.mythtv addon. I have posted this on the EGL thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2245704

Can you look at my logs and offer any insight?

here are links to debug logs

media-center:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/UKZB
media-center:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/TYia
media-center:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/HaiW
media-center:~ # vainfo | pastebinit
libva info: VA-API version 0.38.1
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_38
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
http://sprunge.us/YeFf
I noticed the same with a krypton nightly on windows. It is a early alpha build, so its expected.
What pvr.mythtv should I use with oe 7 (millhouse build)? And where should I get it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@nickr, good question. Since I have merging all developments into kodi-pvr, oe should get it and build it from there. The branch master of the repository kodi-pvr is uptodate with latest kodi. Also I made the branch Jarvis for one months ago for the case they need to build this version.
I'm going to check what they do now ....

EDIT: So, all is right. oe build the addon from Jarvis branch using the latest commit: f278f65. You have to get the addon from OpenElec repo which should have the latest from the used kodi version (now Jarvis).
(2016-02-21, 08:24)nickr Wrote: What pvr.mythtv should I use with oe 7 (millhouse build)? And where should I get it?

My builds include pvr.mythtv from kodi-pvr/pvr.mythtv/master - last night's #0220 build has 1b43b5f4.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
So they do @Milhouse, and working well.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
***WARNING***

I ran an update of my Ubuntu system today and I didn't read all the details and I got Kodi 16 Jarvis updated. When I ran Kodi, mythtv PVR would not load. I finally got awake enough to go to janbar's site to get help with purging all my old kodi 15.2 add on and install the kodi 16 add on for pvr.mythtv
OpenELEC updated the add-on itself, although it strangely needed a couple of reboots to work right. What version of PVR.mythtv do you have? OE is on 3.4.6 on my systems.
My Kodibuntu has pvr.mythtv 3.4.6, but I had to install it manually via apt-get. I had added the PPA repository for janbar's stuff and it worked fine in 15.2, but upgrading to 16.0 didn't update pvr.mythtv. Maybe if I remove that PPA then when Kodi updates it next time it will work.
(2016-02-26, 18:53)jfabernathy Wrote: My Kodibuntu has pvr.mythtv 3.4.6, but I had to install it manually via apt-get. I had added the PPA repository for janbar's stuff and it worked fine in 15.2, but upgrading to 16.0 didn't update pvr.mythtv. Maybe if I remove that PPA then when Kodi updates it next time it will work.
Most likely not. janbar has not posted Jarvis binaries yet. For Linux-based installs of Kodi, you should just compile it from source, but make sure you pull from the Jarvis branch, as master is now Krypton.
So I am running jarvis now an my mythtv addon is not working. I tried this. Sudo apt-get --purge remove kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard. Then I did sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-jarvis. Then sudo apt-get update. When I go back into kodi it still shows the pvr disabled and shows version 2.8.5 which is isengard. What am I doing wrong? Update: Ok apparenty I just wasnt removing the old program correctly. I needed to do sudo apt-get purge kodi-pvr-mythtv*
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1