• 3(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Hi,

Seems your tuner has a slow tuning:

Code:
11:23:30 T:140161462933248   ERROR: AddOnLog: MythTV PVR Client: (CPPMyth)SpawnLiveTV: tune delay exceeded (5000ms)

Try to increase the "tuning delay" to 15 sec or more. To do that, you have to go to the addon setting screen in the section "Advanced".
Let me know. Thanks

Probably i should default this setting to 30 sec by default. But also it is great to have a quick response when channel is unavailable. Please let me know what is the best Huh
[/quote]

Hi , Well I changed the tuner delay to 30 in the addon , but I still get channel unavailble after about 5 sec..Seems like it's not taking into account the tuner delay settings change .

in the log , it's still says 5000ms ..I am lost . And using the mythfrontend the channel switch is about 1-2 secs .
(2014-07-07, 04:15)Djangostar Wrote: Hi , Well I changed the tuner delay to 30 in the addon , but I still get channel unavailble after about 5 sec..Seems like it's not taking into account the tuner delay settings change .

in the log , it's still says 5000ms ..I am lost . And using the mythfrontend the channel switch is about 1-2 secs .

Yes you re right, i tested the tune delay and it doesn't taking account of the value. This is a bug. I will fix the code today and let you know. Thanks.
(2014-07-07, 04:15)Djangostar Wrote: Hi , Well I changed the tuner delay to 30 in the addon , but I still get channel unavailble after about 5 sec..Seems like it's not taking into account the tuner delay settings change .

So, i fixed the bug now. Thanks for your contribution. You have to rebuild the addon using last master. Also i updated the compiled version from my cloud and my ppa.
Now the tune delay has an effect, really Big Grin . You can adjust to let enougth time. The max is 30 sec and it should be enougth even using motorized satellite dish (i think Huh).
(2014-07-02, 01:00)richardk Wrote: Since upgrading to Gotham, when I use the backspace key to return to the TV programs list from the episodes list, it always takes me back to the beginning of the list, i.e. "all programs". Previously, it remembered the position in the programs list.

Since we have several pages of programs, this requires us to do a lot of scrolling when browsing through them. Any time we look at an episodes list and then exit from it, we go all the way back to the beginning of the programs list.

Any chance this can be fixed in the new addon? Or is it something that changed in XBMC?

Unfortunately, this is not handle by the addon. What i can do is to remove subfolder by series, then you have'nt need to go back: all recordings are in the same folder.
I could add a setting a fix this: Folder by series: Yes or No. Would be better ?

(2014-07-01, 14:53)demianph Wrote: Moving from a all-in-one mythbuntu back/front to a fresh install of mythbuntu as a back-end on one box and xbmcbuntu on my htpc. Couldn't get the default myth plugin to show live TV.

Tried this one.

Setup looks good as it gets the channel info and shows upcoming recordings. It shows recorded programs and the proper screenshot. It hangs when I try to play live TV or any recording though.

I have the feeling I am missing something simple that is tripping me up.

Any ideas?

I just fixed a bug few minutes ago. Could you retry with the new ?

(2014-07-02, 00:54)pyrodex Wrote: Also:

After playing with this on my Linux boxes I have a few questions which maybe related to the early start of this but wanted to see if that is the reason why:

1) I noticed the API doesn't do EDL, will the final module do EDL for commercial skip?

2) I noticed the API doesn't resume the play spot, will the final module support this feature?

1 -> I hope MythTV team accept my proposal (PR #70 or #81) to resolve it. Else i will enable EDL for stream with fixed framerate, in the final module.

2 -> Sorry what is "play spot" ? (i know my english is very bad Blush. Sorry for the inconvenience)
@pyrodex ,

I think you know the problem with EDL. We had lot of post about this subject for the old addon. Mythbackend provides the cut list or commercial breaks using keyframe count unit instead of time position. So we had to know the exact framerate of the stream to estimate the time position of break points. Until stream use a fixed framrate, it can be resolved. But now users could handle streams with variable framerate ! There it is not the same party.
(2014-07-07, 21:24)janbar Wrote:
(2014-07-02, 01:00)richardk Wrote: Since upgrading to Gotham, when I use the backspace key to return to the TV programs list from the episodes list, it always takes me back to the beginning of the list, i.e. "all programs". Previously, it remembered the position in the programs list.

Since we have several pages of programs, this requires us to do a lot of scrolling when browsing through them. Any time we look at an episodes list and then exit from it, we go all the way back to the beginning of the programs list.

Any chance this can be fixed in the new addon? Or is it something that changed in XBMC?

Unfortunately, this is not handle by the addon. What i can do is to remove subfolder by series, then you have'nt need to go back: all recordings are in the same folder.
I could add a setting a fix this: Folder by series: Yes or No. Would be better ?

Thanks, janbar, but this wouldn't help me. We have about 1200 recordings, so having them all in one folder would be a much worse situation, and would require tons of scrolling to find anything. We need to be able to browse a directory of series, and then drill down to the recordings.

This behavior seems to have changed in Gotham. Now that I know the problem is not in the pvr addon, I'll report it as an XBMC bug.

I do wonder why this changed, since the previous behavior seemed to make more sense....
(2014-07-07, 21:10)janbar Wrote:

So, i fixed the bug now. Thanks for your contribution. You have to rebuild the addon using last master. Also i updated the compiled version from my cloud and my ppa.
Now the tune delay has an effect, really Big Grin . You can adjust to let enougth time. The max is 30 sec and it should be enougth even using motorized satellite dish (i think Huh).

Thanks for the Fix ! I haven t tested it yet , got to find out how to rebuild it from ppa (still a noob) let me look at the how to again , repeat it , hopefully it will do it . Report back soon .

EDIT : I just updated/upgraded with the ppa and the 30 sec delay Work , But my channels are still unavailable . altought I can access the recording folder and watch whats in it .
(2014-07-08, 01:54)Djangostar Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 21:10)janbar Wrote:

Thanks for the Fix ! I haven t tested it yet , got to find out how to rebuild it from ppa (still a noob) let me look at the how to again , repeat it , hopefully it will do it . Report back soon .

EDIT : I just updated/upgraded with the ppa and the 30 sec delay Work , But my channels are still unavailable . altought I can access the recording folder and watch whats in it .

Please can you post your log again ?

EDIT: Is demuxing MPEG-TS checked ? This feature run only with TS stream. Using analog or remote tuner you could handle only MPEG-PS and you shouldn't check this feature.
(2014-07-07, 21:24)janbar Wrote: 2 -> Sorry what is "play spot" ? (i know my english is very bad Blush. Sorry for the inconvenience)

The resume spot that is saved when you STOP a recording but don't finish it.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
This looks great. Quick question: is this new version of the MythTV add-on parallel-installable under Gotham with the old pvr.mythtv.cmyth add-on? I'd like to test it out on my current Gotham setup, but be able to switch back to the currently working version of the add-on (which I self-compiled from https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons ). If I was to checkout github, compile and install only the new add-on, would that be OK? Thanks.
(2014-07-09, 18:07)pyrodex Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 21:24)janbar Wrote: 2 -> Sorry what is "play spot" ? (i know my english is very bad Blush. Sorry for the inconvenience)

The resume spot that is saved when you STOP a recording but don't finish it.

The addon handles them using internal bookmarks of XBMC. It is preferable because XBMC use time position instead framecount.
The old addon uses mythfrontend bookmarks stored in backend. But like EDL we had to estimate the framecount before to store them and then do the reverse operation to retreive them with an approximative error depending of framerate precision.
So here i prefered to use XBMC features. Trying to play a recording for few minutes then stop it. On next play XBMC will propose to start at your previous spot.

(2014-07-09, 23:23)fiveisalive Wrote: This looks great. Quick question: is this new version of the MythTV add-on parallel-installable under Gotham with the old pvr.mythtv.cmyth add-on? I'd like to test it out on my current Gotham setup, but be able to switch back to the currently working version of the add-on (which I self-compiled from https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons ). If I was to checkout github, compile and install only the new add-on, would that be OK? Thanks.

Hi, YES it is parallel-installable. The new version is named "pvr.mythtv".
(2014-07-09, 07:27)janbar Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 01:54)Djangostar Wrote:
(2014-07-07, 21:10)janbar Wrote: So, i fixed the bug now. Thanks for your contribution. You have to rebuild the addon using last master. Also i updated the compiled version from my cloud and my ppa.

Please can you post your log again ?

EDIT: Is demuxing MPEG-TS checked ? This feature run only with TS stream. Using analog or remote tuner you could handle only MPEG-PS and you shouldn't check this feature.

Hi , Sorry for the delay , So I uncheked demuxing Mpeg , and restarted the htpc , enabled debug , tried to watch 3 streams
(wait of about 30sec each) and says channel unavailble , I also enabled the extra log details in the pvr advanced menu .
hope it helps
Log : http://pastebin.com/ts6U3YV4

Thanks
(2014-07-08, 01:54)Djangostar Wrote: Hi , Sorry for the delay , So I uncheked demuxing Mpeg , and restarted the htpc , enabled debug , tried to watch 3 streams
(wait of about 30sec each) and says channel unavailble , I also enabled the extra log details in the pvr advanced menu .
hope it helps

Thanks

I believe we're facing the same problem. I've created an issue on Github: https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/19
(2014-07-10, 01:55)dahlSTROM Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 01:54)Djangostar Wrote: Hi , Sorry for the delay , So I uncheked demuxing Mpeg , and restarted the htpc , enabled debug , tried to watch 3 streams
hope it helps

Thanks

I believe we're facing the same problem. I've created an issue on Github: https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues/19

You might be right , let me see if I can try the cmyth one .
(2014-06-28, 13:52)janbar Wrote: Hi,

Since MythTV 0.26 the backend provides a new API to monitor and control the PVR. Today with MythTV 0.27 and future 0.28, this web service API supports most of the functions we need in the add-on. So at the begining of this year i am starting the design of a new library interoperates with it and finally i forked the new add-on "pvr.mythtv" to replace the old based on a fork of "cmyth". So I don't want maintain any more "cmyth" because by the way it will be obsolete.
Using the new API it easier to keep the addon supported.

The development branch is available at https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons.
Ubuntu user can install it from my ppa: ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ppa

Have a nice day !

Note: To enable the API service of your backend, you have to run mythtv-setup and set the security pin as "0000".

Does anyone have any instructions for using/installing this with the Rasperry PI? I just got a RPI a few days ago and the existing plugin seems to work ok but I have 1 major problem it can only play video that were record on my primary myth backend. Those recorded on my slave backend don't play. So I am hoping this plugin will work.

Thanks
Robert
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1