• 34(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Any chance of defining a folder image per tv show instead of the default blue folder. My son is 4 yo and uses this plugin but can't read so would be easier if the folder image displayed some fanart or something.
I added 2 new options for users want to browse faster (thanks to nerddtvg):

Enable channel icons (since version 1.10.1)
Disable this option on low powered platform as RPi
Enable recording fanart/thumbnails (since version 1.10.1)

Usefull for RPi users !

Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR#Advanced
(2014-12-21, 12:23)JasonPell Wrote: Any chance of defining a folder image per tv show instead of the default blue folder. My son is 4 yo and uses this plugin but can't read so would be easier if the folder image displayed some fanart or something.

I was referring to the folder to the right of the recordings list.

How would I configure fanart for this? Is this done on mythtv backend?
(2014-12-21, 12:41)janbar Wrote: I added 2 new options for users want to browse faster (thanks to nerddtvg):
I am surprised that the small channel icon files would be an issue. Are they scaled each time they are displayed? If so, maybe a good fix would be to cache a scaled version of the icon the first time it is encountered. If that improved performance, it might be a better solution than yet another preference.
(2014-12-22, 07:35)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 12:23)JasonPell Wrote: Any chance of defining a folder image per tv show instead of the default blue folder. My son is 4 yo and uses this plugin but can't read so would be easier if the folder image displayed some fanart or something.

I was referring to the folder to the right of the recordings list.

How would I configure fanart for this? Is this done on mythtv backend?
@JasonPell, there is no way to change icon of folder. That's handled by Kodi itself.

(2014-12-22, 23:41)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 12:41)janbar Wrote: I added 2 new options for users want to browse faster (thanks to nerddtvg):
I am surprised that the small channel icon files would be an issue. Are they scaled each time they are displayed? If so, maybe a good fix would be to cache a scaled version of the icon the first time it is encountered. If that improved performance, it might be a better solution than yet another preference.
I have done same remark, but scaling should be handled by kodi itself, and probably already handled.So here i have included tiny dummy icon.
Minor niggle this one, but would be nice to get it fixed if possible:

I have two video sources - Freeview (DVB-T) and Freesat (DVB-S2) on my backend.
There is quite a channel overlap and I let Mythtv handle that by setting the channel number and name the same (

In the old addin (cmyth) it would merge them into a single entry in the EPG
In the new addin (1.10.1) it shows them as separate (duplicate) entries.

See this thread when it was reported for cmyth in 2012: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148398

I can mostly work around it by selecting 'channel group Freesat' - but some of the channels are only on Freeview....
(2014-12-06, 06:26)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 03:53)mikebetz42 Wrote: Still having problems with pvr.mythtv stopping randomly during playback of live TV, pvr-mythtv-cmyth works without any issues...

MythTV Logs: http://pastebin.com/u9Wh4Rkq

Kodi debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=360331

MythTV 27+ current fixes and Kodi Helix RC1 are on the same PC, Two Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe cards.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike, your log is full of ERROR during icons loadings, then full of NOTICE during playback: ...read ahead. That s means player wants read more than the head of stream. What kind of stream you try to read ? mpeg-ts , mpeg-ps or other ? Is it analog channel ?
It is really strange cmyth addon is able to read it without issue ! Could you provide log with extra debug enabled for cmyth addon and new addon ? Thanks
Also you could try new addon with same version of xbmc you use with cmyth... For now i didn't provide cmyth addon for kodi RC1, but i could.
There i think the root cause could be the new version of ffmpeg / kodi player. So i would like you try new addon with same version of xbmc you use cmyth addon.

Hi, I also seem to be having the same problem on my raspberry pi and on my laptop. When I loaded up openelec 4.2 gotham on my raspberry, using 1.9.20 it worked fine. However, as soon as I tried using 1.9.29 for gotham that you provided on your cloud server, video stalls after about 5 seconds.

On my laptop 1.10.1 stalls as well.

I have a ceton infinitv 4 PCIe card, which streams digital cable mpeg2-ts files.
Hello,

One of my machines just upgraded to Kodi Helix and everything went smoothly except one thing. MythTV seems to have disaapeared. My machine (working perfectly under Gotham 13.2) can't seem to install or upgrade the mythtv add-on to work with Helix.

I've gone to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > All Add-ons > PVR clients. From there, I select MythTV cmyth PVR Client, and select Install. I get a notification stating "Dependancies not met. Please contact Add-on author."

The first question I had was why wasn't the Add-on still installed to begin with? Normally, if an Add-on hasn't caught up yet, you'll be prompted to disable it. This time, it just disappeared.

But ever forward, I Googled for the latest .deb package and attempted to install it hoping to get the right dependancies. The latest thing I found was kodi-bin (>= 5:14.0~rc3-dmo1) on http://www.deb-multimedia.org. I'm guessing that this was the latest operational package, but can't be certain. In any event, when I attempted to install it, it blew up with errors about missing files. I can't seem to find a proper copy of the mythtv PVR Add-on.

I'm Running a Mythbuntu 14.04.1 with KDE and MythTV 0.27 as my backend. Any thoughts?
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
(2014-12-25, 00:07)dgrayfromdc Wrote: Hello,

One of my machines just upgraded to Kodi Helix and everything went smoothly except one thing. MythTV seems to have disaapeared. My machine (working perfectly under Gotham 13.2) can't seem to install or upgrade the mythtv add-on to work with Helix.

I've gone to Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > All Add-ons > PVR clients. From there, I select MythTV cmyth PVR Client, and select Install. I get a notification stating "Dependancies not met. Please contact Add-on author."

The first question I had was why wasn't the Add-on still installed to begin with? Normally, if an Add-on hasn't caught up yet, you'll be prompted to disable it. This time, it just disappeared.

But ever forward, I Googled for the latest .deb package and attempted to install it hoping to get the right dependancies. The latest thing I found was kodi-bin (>= 5:14.0~rc3-dmo1) on http://www.deb-multimedia.org. I'm guessing that this was the latest operational package, but can't be certain. In any event, when I attempted to install it, it blew up with errors about missing files. I can't seem to find a proper copy of the mythtv PVR Add-on.

I'm Running a Mythbuntu 14.04.1 with KDE and MythTV 0.27 as my backend. Any thoughts?

Nevermind, there must have been a hiccup with the upgrade. Using Muon (the KDE package manager) I purged the package, reinstalled, went into KODI, found, installed, and enabled the PVR Add-on. Everything is working normally.
4 x OpenELEC 6.0.x (Kodi 15.2) on Rasberry Pi & Intel NUC

3 x Kodi 16.1 Jarvis on *buntu Xenial

6 x SPMC 16.4-2 on Android Mobile & TV Devices
@dgrayfromdc , provided addon in kodi ppa is affected by a critical bug. Prefer my ppa "janbar ppa" where you will find the patched version (>=1.9.29).

(2014-12-24, 11:05)Huuh Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 06:26)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 03:53)mikebetz42 Wrote: Still having problems with pvr.mythtv stopping randomly during playback of live TV, pvr-mythtv-cmyth works without any issues...

MythTV Logs: http://pastebin.com/u9Wh4Rkq

Kodi debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=360331

MythTV 27+ current fixes and Kodi Helix RC1 are on the same PC, Two Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe cards.

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike, your log is full of ERROR during icons loadings, then full of NOTICE during playback: ...read ahead. That s means player wants read more than the head of stream. What kind of stream you try to read ? mpeg-ts , mpeg-ps or other ? Is it analog channel ?
It is really strange cmyth addon is able to read it without issue ! Could you provide log with extra debug enabled for cmyth addon and new addon ? Thanks
Also you could try new addon with same version of xbmc you use with cmyth... For now i didn't provide cmyth addon for kodi RC1, but i could.
There i think the root cause could be the new version of ffmpeg / kodi player. So i would like you try new addon with same version of xbmc you use cmyth addon.

Hi, I also seem to be having the same problem on my raspberry pi and on my laptop. When I loaded up openelec 4.2 gotham on my raspberry, using 1.9.20 it worked fine. However, as soon as I tried using 1.9.29 for gotham that you provided on your cloud server, video stalls after about 5 seconds.

On my laptop 1.10.1 stalls as well.

I have a ceton infinitv 4 PCIe card, which streams digital cable mpeg2-ts files.

Please using gotham version 1.9.22-29 Could you provide log with debug mode enabled : system->settings->system->debug AND addon settings->advanced tab->enable more debug...
Hi

I just upgraded to kodi 14.0 from xbmc 13.2 via
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

I got a message saying the the pvr was not compatible.
I had been getting updates in gotham via the ppa

I tried running an update, but it says I am up to date.

What change do I need to get the kodi version of this product?
(2014-12-25, 23:19)glubbish Wrote: Hi

I just upgraded to kodi 14.0 from xbmc 13.2 via
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi

I got a message saying the the pvr was not compatible.
I had been getting updates in gotham via the ppa

I tried running an update, but it says I am up to date.

What change do I need to get the kodi version of this product?
Are you using janbar's ppa?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:Are you using janbar's ppa?

Yes.

http://ppa.launchpad.net.jlbarriere68/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
(2014-12-26, 00:10)glubbish Wrote:
Quote:Are you using janbar's ppa?

Yes.

http://ppa.launchpad.net.jlbarriere68/ppa/ubuntu trusty main
The package for kodi has a new name: kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix. So you have to install this new one. Also you could keep gotham version usable with xbmc 13.
Worked it out.

sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix

Thanks all.
Listing here so I remember next time Smile
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1