• 36(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
@janbar, on reviewing the thread I saw you had compiled and uploaded a version to your owncloud service and on a punt I took a look to see if there was an OpenELEC x64 version - and there is. This seems to have solved the problem for me, OpenELEC 4.97.3 has been running with pvr.mythtv enabled for a whole 7 minutes, whereas it was crashing (restarting kodi) after approx 18-20 seconds yesterday.

Thank you, and don't bother with my last post. Anyone else, janbar's compiled versions are linked in post 493 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1861254 and seem to cover more than just RPi as post 493 might suggest.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-28, 04:11)nickr Wrote: @janbar, on reviewing the thread I saw you had compiled and uploaded a version to your owncloud service and on a punt I took a look to see if there was an OpenELEC x64 version - and there is. This seems to have solved the problem for me, OpenELEC 4.97.3 has been running with pvr.mythtv enabled for a whole 7 minutes, whereas it was crashing (restarting kodi) after approx 18-20 seconds yesterday.

Thank you, and don't bother with my last post. Anyone else, janbar's compiled versions are linked in post 493 http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1861254 and seem to cover more than just RPi as post 493 might suggest.

@nickr, Thanks a bunch for posting this! I would appreciate if you can outline how to add the files from Janbar's compiled pvr.mythtv mentioned by you above to a running OpenELEC x64 machine.

For anyone going through this painful process of configuring the cmyth PVR addon client for OpenELEC, please note that a full recompilation of OpenELEC did not help. I compiled OpenELEC 4.97.3 with the MythTV PVR add-ons as outlined here and here. I could add Janbar's latest cmyth client 1.10.1 to my frontend in OpenELEC 4.97.3 and configure it along with enabling LiveTV. However, LiveTV cannot connect to MythTV running on a backend and gives me the error that no PVR client has been started.

I would be anxious to try out Janbar's compiled version if I can figure out how to.
Download the zip file. Transfer to openelec machine. go to addons, add from zip file. It will override the built in version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sad 
(2014-12-28, 10:40)nickr Wrote: Download the zip file. Transfer to openelec machine. go to addons, add from zip file. It will override the built in version.

Thanks again.

I did what you instructed. I get an error: zip file does not have the correct structure.
I tried different variations of zipping the files. No luck!
It's already zipped.
(2014-12-28, 10:48)nickr Wrote: It's already zipped.

I must be doing something stupid. I tried to install from the zipped file that I downloaded from Janbar's owncloud service:

pvr.mythtv-osx64-1.10.0-helix

when I got the error about wrong file structure. I proceeded to try unzipping it (it has a folder pvr.mythv in it) and configuring different zipped files of the contents etc but that didn't help.
(2014-12-28, 10:53)kmallick Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 10:48)nickr Wrote: It's already zipped.

I must be doing something stupid. I tried to install from the zipped file that I downloaded from Janbar's owncloud service:

pvr.mythtv-osx64-1.10.0-helix

when I got the error about wrong file structure. I proceeded to try unzipping it (it has a folder pvr.mythv in it) and configuring different zipped files of the contents etc but that didn't help.

Unzip the zip file and move the folder pvr.mythtv into folder ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/
Finally start Kodi and enable LiveTV. ALso think to disable old cmyth addon if you enabled it.
(2014-12-28, 04:11)nickr Wrote: @janbar, on reviewing the thread I saw you had compiled and uploaded a version to your owncloud service and on a punt I took a look to see if there was an OpenELEC x64 version - and there is. This seems to have solved the problem for me, OpenELEC 4.97.3 has been running with pvr.mythtv enabled for a whole 7 minutes, whereas it was crashing (restarting kodi) after approx 18-20 seconds yesterday.

Yes nickr, in my cloud you have found the addon 1.10.1 with fixed bug (version >= 1.9.29). This bug cames after few errors getting image files (file handles were not closed on error). Also the addon inherited this bug from cmyth addon. Bug is less common with cmyth addon because much less files was downloaded with risk of file not found. But i think some guys have the bug before and probably they were forced to abandon the addon because xbmc crashes.
All i can say is thank you and well done.
@nickr, appreciate all your help. I could not move the files to the folder on OpenELEC you had mentioned, but I found the correct zip file. I think I was downloading a wrong archive from janbar's cloud.

(2014-12-28, 12:57)janbar Wrote: Yes nickr, in my cloud you have found the addon 1.10.1 with fixed bug (version >= 1.9.29). This bug cames after few errors getting image files (file handles were not closed on error). Also the addon inherited this bug from cmyth addon. Bug is less common with cmyth addon because much less files was downloaded with risk of file not found. But i think some guys have the bug before and probably they were forced to abandon the addon because xbmc crashes.

@janbar, thanks on behalf of many of us for working on this add-on. I did manage to find your compiled pvr.mythtv version 1.10.1 and I could install it from the zip file. This is the same version I had compiled with my custom OpenELEC. I have configured LiveTV in Kodi settings and I have checked and double checked my settings in the client addon. Unfortunately I cannot connect to the LiveTV. I get the error:
No PVR client has been started yet.

Where can I look for the log file to debug?
Kmalick, have you ever been able to connect to your backend from a remote client? I.e. Can you connect to your backend from mythfrontend running on another computer?
(2014-12-28, 18:28)allan87 Wrote: Kmalick, have you ever been able to connect to your backend from a remote client? I.e. Can you connect to your backend from mythfrontend running on another computer?

Honestly, not from a remote frontend. I have a frontend running fine on the machine running the backend.

Is there any specific setting on the backend I should change to connect from a remote frontend? I have made sure that the pin 0000 is set up on the backend. I can also ping its IP from the openelec ssh.
I changed the ipv4 address on mythbackend to the correct ip address instead of 127.0.0.1 and now I can connect from my remote frontend using Janbar's pvr addon ver. 1.10.1.
(2014-12-28, 18:42)kmallick Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 18:28)allan87 Wrote: Kmalick, have you ever been able to connect to your backend from a remote client? I.e. Can you connect to your backend from mythfrontend running on another computer?

Honestly, not from a remote frontend. I have a frontend running fine on the machine running the backend.

Is there any specific setting on the backend I should change to connect from a remote frontend? I have made sure that the pin 0000 is set up on the backend. I can also ping its IP from the openelec ssh.

Suggest you try this in a browser of your choice from any remote device (laptop, tablet...).
Change the ip address 192.168.0.20 to that of the device running mythtv-backend

http://192.168.0.20:6544/Myth/GetHostName

You should get a response like this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<String>myth-server-1</String>

The response will have the name of you mythtv-backend, which in my case is myth-server-1.

If you do not get the correct response, this indicates that your mythtv-backend is not listening over the network
Try this post for resolving the problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2192266

Mike
(2014-12-28, 19:18)MikeB2013 Wrote: Suggest you try this in a browser of your choice from any remote device (laptop, tablet...).
Change the ip address 192.168.0.20 to that of the device running mythtv-backend

http://192.168.0.20:6544/Myth/GetHostName

You should get a response like this:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<String>myth-server-1</String>

The response will have the name of you mythtv-backend, which in my case is myth-server-1.

If you do not get the correct response, this indicates that your mythtv-backend is not listening over the network
Try this post for resolving the problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2192266

Mike

@mike, great nugget there. I checked and I get a valid response. Thanks a lot. Its always a lot of pieces of puzzles to put together while configuring mythtv.

I will try out the mythtv pvr addon and see how well it runs on the frontend.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1