• 53(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
@MikeB2013

building standalone on linux/oe:

1) run the install target of kodi to install addon bindings and cmake helpers
2) install kodi-platform
3) off you go

windows a bit trickier though much the same in nature. step 1) needs to be done manually, see in-tree buildsys. in step 3) you need to pay attention to a couple of things done in the in-tree buildsys in particular the override files for flags.
Also you can clone my branch named doityourself.
You have just to create a build folder and run:
- mkdir build ; cd build ; cmake ..
- make -j8

EDIT: i haven t tested it with cross-compiling. I hope you will try. Also you can send me PR to update it if i missed some flags ...
I pushed an other branch named helix, which i use to build addon on ppa since release 1.12.8.
Finally it build as well on osx or windows, there you have to install cmake gui to build xcode project or visual studio project.
@ironic_monkey @janbar

Thanks for the input.

I usually build kodi (xbmc) from source on linux X64 and have successfully built pvr.mythtv in-tree using cmake.

Will have a go a the cross compile for armv6 (RPI all except RPI2) and armv7 (RPI2).
(2015-03-03, 05:00)pashdown Wrote: After looking at the debug log, I found that it was choking on some input, so I opened a bug.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15829

@pashdown ,

Data in your backend database are not encoded using UTF8. Your record "The Wonderful World of Albert Kahn" use an ISO8859 character in the description (char E9). There is no issue here and you should fix it in your backend (please check MythTV wiki to setup your backend server and your database using UTF8 collation). Also you could try the last release of the addon which use a json parser more permissive.
@MikeB2013 ,
I updated the wiki to build addon for OpenElec ( http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/BuildFr...o_OpenELEC ) using new sources. If you have better way you could change it. Thanks.
Just a heads-up. I installed version 1.12.9 of the addon for Rpi2 from Janbar's Owncloud. Now Kodi crashes immediately upon startup. This happens even with the Ethernet cable disconnected. I'm not sure how to recover from this except a full rebuild.

So I'd suggest waiting to install the new version until this is resolved.
(2015-03-07, 17:38)richardk Wrote: Just a heads-up. I installed version 1.12.9 of the addon for Rpi2 from Janbar's Owncloud. Now Kodi crashes immediately upon startup. This happens even with the Ethernet cable disconnected. I'm not sure how to recover from this except a full rebuild.

ouaah. So I recover previous builds !

You have to remove folder .kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv and file .kodi/addons/packages/pvr.mythtv*.zip. Then re-install the zip 1.12.7
(2015-03-07, 17:42)janbar Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 17:38)richardk Wrote: Just a heads-up. I installed version 1.12.9 of the addon for Rpi2 from Janbar's Owncloud. Now Kodi crashes immediately upon startup. This happens even with the Ethernet cable disconnected. I'm not sure how to recover from this except a full rebuild.

Thanks, Janbar!

The new version does seem to work ok on Windows. I'm afraid to try it on OpenELEC x64, since that's our primary system at home.
(2015-03-07, 17:45)richardk Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 17:42)janbar Wrote:

Thanks, Janbar!

The new version does seem to work ok on Windows. I'm afraid to try it on OpenELEC x64, since that's our primary system at home.

I am checking the binary and seems a part of binary was linked as shared for all arch of OpenElec, even x86_64. I am fixing it and i let you know. Thanks.

EDIT: to cleanup the bad addon, you have just to remove folder: /Storage/.kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv
@richardk

All is right now ! I tried x86_64 without issue. New zip files are okay now: I added suffix "-1" to avoid any confusion.

EDIT: Seems linker flag "lto" (USE_LTO=1) breaks the build with OpenElec. @MikeB2013, I removed this option from the wiki.
(2015-03-04, 19:14)janbar Wrote: Your backend provides a badly encoced string in title or description etc... And addon cannot parse content when pulling recorded ist.

EDIT: to test it, just use your favorite browser querying your backend as [http://127.0.0.1:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedLis...ding=false]
and check your browser is able to show content. Let me know

In last addon release i have changed the json parser to allow pull corrupted strings, but json message structure has to be right.
If your browser cannot show content then you have to delete recordings or clean recorded rows from myth database.

Thank you janbar. What makes fixing this difficult for me on the MythTV side is that my browser is able to display the XML just fine. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can preserve the content, but ensure it is properly converted to utf8?
(2015-03-07, 19:57)pashdown Wrote:
(2015-03-04, 19:14)janbar Wrote: Your backend provides a badly encoced string in title or description etc... And addon cannot parse content when pulling recorded ist.

EDIT: to test it, just use your favorite browser querying your backend as [http://127.0.0.1:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedLis...ding=false]
and check your browser is able to show content. Let me know

In last addon release i have changed the json parser to allow pull corrupted strings, but json message structure has to be right.
If your browser cannot show content then you have to delete recordings or clean recorded rows from myth database.

Thank you janbar. What makes fixing this difficult for me on the MythTV side is that my browser is able to display the XML just fine. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can preserve the content, but ensure it is properly converted to utf8?
You could see here: https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Converting...se_to_UTF8
* Replace utf8_genral_ci with utf8_unicode_ci as recommended in note.
* Think to stop your backend before backup/restore your database.
* Also think to set default character set for OS:
/etc/default/locale
/etc/default/console-setup

Sample: Here i suppose your database used collation "latin1", and password is "mythtv". So replace by the right value.
Code:
mysqldump -umythtv -pmythtv -c -e --default-character-set=utf8 --single-transaction --skip-set-charset --add-drop-database -B mythconverg > dump.sql

sed 's/DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1/DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci/' <dump.sql | sed 's/DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1/DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8/' >dump-fixed.sql

mysql -umythtv -pmythtv < dump-fixed.sql

Finally check your /etc/mysql/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/conf.d/characterset.cnf or /etc/my.cnf as describe in linked document:
In the client section of my.cnf
Code:
[client] ... .... ...

default-character-set=utf8 ....

and further down in my.cnf

[mysqld] ... ...

default-character-set=utf8

default-collation=utf8_unicode_ci

character-set-server=utf8

collation-server=utf8_unicode_ci
Then restart mysql and start your backend. You have to keep the dump.sql file until you are sure all is okay.
(2015-03-07, 19:05)janbar Wrote: @richardk

All is right now ! I tried x86_64 without issue. New zip files are okay now: I added suffix "-1" to avoid any confusion.

EDIT: Seems linker flag "lto" (USE_LTO=1) breaks the build with OpenElec. @MikeB2013, I removed this option from the wiki.

Thanks for the quick fix!

I mounted the SD card on a laptop running Linux, and deleted the folder. That allowed the Rpi2 to boot and load Kodi. Then I installed the "-1" version, and it works perfectly.

I also installed the "-1" version on my OpenELEC x64 generic system, and that also works.
@pashdown, mine:

/etc/mysql/conf.d/characterset.cnf:
Code:
[client]
default-character-set = utf8

[mysqld]
character-set-server = utf8
collation-server = utf8_unicode_ci

/etc/default/locale: Replace fr_FR with en_US if you live in us or en_GB ...
Code:
LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8"
(2015-03-07, 21:20)richardk Wrote:
(2015-03-07, 19:05)janbar Wrote: @richardk

Thanks for the quick fix!

I mounted the SD card on a laptop running Linux, and deleted the folder. That allowed the Rpi2 to boot and load Kodi. Then I installed the "-1" version, and it works perfectly.

I also installed the "-1" version on my OpenELEC x64 generic system, and that also works.
Nice ! These builds have been made with the new build-system using cmake.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1