pvr.mythtv add-on

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
ironic_monkey Offline
Fan
Posts: 474
Joined: Nov 2013
Reputation: 23
Post: #781
@mikeb2013

building standalone on linux/oe:

1) run the install target of kodi to install addon bindings and cmake helpers
2) install kodi-platform
3) off you go

windows a bit trickier though much the same in nature. step 1) needs to be done manually, see in-tree buildsys. in step 3) you need to pay attention to a couple of things done in the in-tree buildsys in particular the override files for flags.
find quote
janbar Online
Fan
Posts: 484
Joined: Sep 2012
Reputation: 29
Location: France
Post: #782
Also you can clone my branch named doityourself.
You have just to create a build folder and run:
- mkdir build ; cd build ; cmake ..
- make -j8

EDIT: i haven t tested it with cross-compiling. I hope you will try. Also you can send me PR to update it if i missed some flags ...
I pushed an other branch named helix, which i use to build addon on ppa since release 1.12.8.
Finally it build as well on osx or windows, there you have to install cmake gui to build xcode project or visual studio project.
(This post was last modified: 2015-03-04 20:59 by janbar.)
find quote
MikeB2013 Offline
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Mar 2013
Reputation: 2
Location: UK
Post: #783
@ironic_monkey @janbar

Thanks for the input.

I usually build kodi (xbmc) from source on linux X64 and have successfully built pvr.mythtv in-tree using cmake.

Will have a go a the cross compile for armv6 (RPI all except RPI2) and armv7 (RPI2).
find quote
janbar Online
Fan
Posts: 484
Joined: Sep 2012
Reputation: 29
Location: France
Post: #784
(2015-03-03 05:00)pashdown Wrote:  After looking at the debug log, I found that it was choking on some input, so I opened a bug.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15829

@pashdown ,

Data in your backend database are not encoded using UTF8. Your record "The Wonderful World of Albert Kahn" use an ISO8859 character in the description (char E9). There is no issue here and you should fix it in your backend (please check MythTV wiki to setup your backend server and your database using UTF8 collation). Also you could try the last release of the addon which use a json parser more permissive.
find quote
Post Reply