• 63(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2015-04-24, 21:02)gibbonlicker Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 20:50)dahlSTROM Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 20:19)gibbonlicker Wrote: Anyone?
You need to build the latest pvr.mythtv addon.

https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv

Many thanks for your reply but I kind of need step by step instructions. I understand if you guys don't have the patience to guide me through it, but I tried running the command cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../ and i got "<directory> does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. I guess I need to do something (perhaps obvious to you) before hand?

Thanks again.

SSH as the user running Kodi and do this:

Code:
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv.git && cd pvr.mythtv
mkdir -p build
rm -rf build/*
cd build/
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../
make
cp -r ../pvr.mythtv ./
cp pvr.mythtv.so pvr.mythtv/
zip -r pvr.mythtv-linux.zip ./pvr.mythtv
cd ~/.kodi/addons
rm -rf pvr.mythtv/
unzip ~/pvr.mythtv/build/pvr.mythtv-linux.zip

Restart Kodi and it should work.
Woops, double post... Remove please.
(2015-04-24, 21:12)dahlSTROM Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 21:02)gibbonlicker Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 20:50)dahlSTROM Wrote: You need to build the latest pvr.mythtv addon.

https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv

Many thanks for your reply but I kind of need step by step instructions. I understand if you guys don't have the patience to guide me through it, but I tried running the command cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../ and i got "<directory> does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. I guess I need to do something (perhaps obvious to you) before hand?

Thanks again.

Code:
cd ~
mkdir -p build
rm -rf build/*
cd build/
make
cp -r ../pvr.mythtv ./
cd ~/.kodi/addons
rm -rf pvr.mythtv/

Whoop! Making progress!

I then went to system settings > General > TV and enabled Live TV, the progress bar at the top right of the screen showed it "scanning" all of the channels but when I look at the EPG it only has the first 8 freeview channels listed. I rebooted and then had to re-enable as before and the same result. Any further suggestions? Ever so grateful for your help!
(2015-04-24, 21:31)gibbonlicker Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 21:12)dahlSTROM Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 21:02)gibbonlicker Wrote: Many thanks for your reply but I kind of need step by step instructions. I understand if you guys don't have the patience to guide me through it, but I tried running the command cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../ and i got "<directory> does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt. I guess I need to do something (perhaps obvious to you) before hand?

Thanks again.

Code:
cd ~
mkdir -p build
rm -rf build/*
cd build/
make
cp -r ../pvr.mythtv ./
cd ~/.kodi/addons
rm -rf pvr.mythtv/

Whoop! Making progress!

I then went to system settings > General > TV and enabled Live TV, the progress bar at the top right of the screen showed it "scanning" all of the channels but when I look at the EPG it only has the first 8 freeview channels listed. I rebooted and then had to re-enable as before and the same result. Any further suggestions? Ever so grateful for your help!

I'm wondering if the EPG will update in due course. The channels all appear to be there! I have working TV again!!!! You absolute legend! Smile Thanks ever so much for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it. I will let you know if the EPG sorts itself out.
(2015-04-24, 21:35)gibbonlicker Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 21:31)gibbonlicker Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 21:12)dahlSTROM Wrote: SSH as the user running Kodi and do this:

Code:
cd ~
mkdir -p build
rm -rf build/*
cd build/
make
cp -r ../pvr.mythtv ./
cd ~/.kodi/addons
rm -rf pvr.mythtv/

Whoop! Making progress!

I'm wondering if the EPG will update in due course. The channels all appear to be there! I have working TV again!!!! You absolute legend! Smile Thanks ever so much for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it. I will let you know if the EPG sorts itself out.

EPG Sorted. System back to normal. Thanks ever so much again for your help. I have no idea where I was going wrong but your step by step instructions were spot on.
(2015-04-25, 00:49)gibbonlicker Wrote: EPG Sorted. System back to normal. Thanks ever so much again for your help. I have no idea where I was going wrong but your step by step instructions were spot on.
Glad I could help! Wink
SInce the latest update (1.12..17) , when watching live TV and a recording session starts, Kodi crashes. The errort log reports

16:18:02 T:140530784659200 ERROR: Failed to read directory listing http://xml.superrepo.org/v5/.xml/helix/p...addons.xml for repository repository.superrepo.org.helix.programs.
16:18:03 T:140532779530176 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
16:18:03 T:140532779530176 NOTICE: Saving settings
16:18:03 T:140532779530176 NOTICE: stop all
16:18:03 T:140530078959360 NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
16:18:03 T:140532779530176 NOTICE: stop player
16:18:03 T:140532779530176 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping

Thanks
1. Full debug log to pastebin or its of no use.

2. superrepo has nothing to do with this addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Looks like mythtv 0.28 commit bcd7d65 bumped the protocol version to 86
(2015-04-28, 17:52)astephon88 Wrote: Looks like mythtv 0.28 commit bcd7d65 bumped the protocol version to 86

this is why I locked down mythtv once I had a stable environment, only way to maintain reasonable WAF if using 0.28

dpkg --get-selections | grep hold
libmyth-0.28-0 hold
libmyth-python hold
libmythtv-perl hold
mythtv hold
mythtv-backend hold
mythtv-common hold
mythtv-database hold
mythtv-dbg hold
mythtv-frontend hold
mythtv-transcode-utils hold
mythweb hold
php-mythtv hold
(2015-04-29, 02:26)JasonPell Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 17:52)astephon88 Wrote: Looks like mythtv 0.28 commit bcd7d65 bumped the protocol version to 86

this is why I locked down mythtv once I had a stable environment, only way to maintain reasonable WAF if using 0.28

dpkg --get-selections | grep hold
libmyth-0.28-0 hold
libmyth-python hold
libmythtv-perl hold
mythtv hold
mythtv-backend hold
mythtv-common hold
mythtv-database hold
mythtv-dbg hold
mythtv-frontend hold
mythtv-transcode-utils hold
mythweb hold
php-mythtv hold

Yea, I typically roll back the packages when the protocol version on the backend changes and the addon hasn't caught up yet, but I forgot to back up the database this time, so I'm out of luck. guess I'll be using the myth frontend for a little while...
mythbuntu creates regular database backups by default.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-29, 04:34)nickr Wrote: mythbuntu creates regular database backups by default.

yes, and the last backup was two days before I performed the update. I'm not complaining or anything. Just bringing it to @janbar's attention for whenever he has time to address it
Yeah I usually move the backup script from cron.weekly to cron.daily and set it to keep 2 weeks worth.
(2015-04-29, 04:36)astephon88 Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 04:34)nickr Wrote: mythbuntu creates regular database backups by default.

yes, and the last backup was two days before I performed the update. I'm not complaining or anything. Just bringing it to @janbar's attention for whenever he has time to address it

I will have a look at the end of the day to fix it. After tomorrow and for 18 days, i will out for holidays Smile , so please do not update mythtv until 20 may.
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1