• 70(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
So , i pushed a workaround included in next release 1.12.21. The release will coming soon in ppa.
(2015-06-21, 17:14)janbar Wrote: @MikeB2013 after investigation, seems it is a bug in MythTV backend 0.28-pre. In all ways it no longer takes care for args StartIndex and Count. Even specified the backend returns all channel list !!! breaking the stop guard if you have exactly 100 channels. We should open a ticket in MythTV tracker.

sample call to run the bug: http://<backendIP>:6544/Channel/GetChannelInfoList?StartIndex=10&Count=2&SourceID=1&OnlyVisible=true&Details=false will return the full list.

Ticket raised https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12461

Mike
(2015-06-21, 05:57)mattlach Wrote:
(2015-06-13, 03:02)mattlach Wrote: So, I have started having a new issue. No longs yet, as it is not easily reproducible. Will post logs when I can.

Essentially, during playback of a given channel, all of sudden it exits to the main Kodi menu on its own.

After this, it can be restarted, and sometimes will exit right away again, and sometimes continue playing like normal.

Is there a way to record log files without displaying the white text in the top left of the screen, when you enable logging from the system menu?

This happens a lot, but it is at random, because of this I don't want to leave the debug mode (with white text) on until it occurs.

Thanks,
Matt

(2015-06-13, 03:21)nickr Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#..._debugging

Thank you. Have enabled basic log level 1 now, and left a notepad near the TV for my fiance to write down the time of each crash to make it easier to search the logfile. (it always happens when she is watching TV. I never see it.) I will upload this log, and times of occurrences as we collect a few of them.

When I went in to enable the logging, I found that each time kodi crashed it dumped a crashlog (file date corresponds to each time kodi, quits to main screen while watching live TV). Are these of any use?

Here is an example. I have zipped up the rest here, if having more of them helps.

Really appreciate the help!

--Matt

So, it happened twice this evening while my future mother-in-law was watching TV.

It looks like Kodi starts a new log file when this crash occurrs, so I have two crash dumps and one log file for review, the log file that would have recorded the first crash was deleted automatically. (is there any way to keep more than just kodi.log and kodi.log.old?)

Here they are:
While it appears to be the full Kodi that is crashing (not just the plugin) these crashes only seem to happen while watching Live TV using the MythTV plugin.

Thanks,
Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
The crash log is empty:

############### STACK TRACE #################
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

@mattlach , you have to install gdb. Without kodi doesn't dump the stack trace. To do : "sudo apt-get install gdb"
(2015-06-22, 07:28)janbar Wrote: The crash log is empty:

@mattlach , you have to install gdb. Without kodi doesn't dump the stack trace. To do : "sudo apt-get install gdb"

Thank you. Will do, and will report back.

--Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
(2015-06-22, 07:28)janbar Wrote: The crash log is empty:

Janbar, I had a couple more crashes today. (This happens 3-4 times daily, only when watching livetv)

Unfortunately someone restarted the box before I could snag the kodi.log file, so it became a .old, and then was deleted, but I do have the crashlog with gdb data now.

I do have the crashlog file though linked here. It is a lot larger now, but the stack trace section is still blank Sad
@mattlach, no luck. For these crash i no longer need log messages, so you can disable debugging mode and file will be light. But stack trace is required. the root cause could be from many thing. Any body can help to enable stack trace with Kodi installed from apt ?
@mattlach, i found a crash bug yesterday. Maybe your crash has the same root cause. I pushed a new release to fix it:

HELIX = 1.12.24 , GOTHAM = 1.9.22-57 and DEV = latest branch "doityourself"

For ubunto PPA is uptodate, and github.io page of the project is also uptodate http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
br

EDIT: this crash bug is easily reproducible with isengard x86-64/cpu-4cores or more: kodi make screenshot of all recordings and the addon start/stop thread very often during these processes). Else never seen this bug with helix but i prefered backported the fix.
I will prepare the PR for kodi-pvr at the end of the week-end.
(2015-06-25, 19:15)janbar Wrote: @mattlach, i found a crash bug yesterday. Maybe your crash has the same root cause. I pushed a new release to fix it:

HELIX = 1.12.24 , GOTHAM = 1.9.22-57 and DEV = latest branch "doityourself"

For ubunto PPA is uptodate, and github.io page of the project is also uptodate http://janbar.github.io/pvr.mythtv/download/index.html
br

EDIT: this crash bug is easily reproducible with isengard x86-64/cpu-4cores or more: kodi make screenshot of all recordings and the addon start/stop thread very often during these processes). Else never seen this bug with helix but i prefered backported the fix.
I will prepare the PR for kodi-pvr at the end of the week-end.

Janbar,

Thank you for your tireless work. Unfortunately no.

I was home early from work today, and while my future mother in law was watching TV, (and I was unpacking some boxes) it crashed 5 times in a matter of 156 minutes. Now, it's not normally this bad, but it suggests that this crash issue is not the same as the one you fixed.

I wonder if it is somehow related to having a stream coming in from the TV service of questionable quality. Just about all of my issues with the plugin thus far have been when watching the Brazilian "Globo Internacional" channel here in the U.S. They pipe it in from Brazil, and charge extra for it, and the quality of the stream is often questionable.

Thanks,
Matt
Yikes,

Just accidentally upgraded to Kodi 15.0, and the MythTV PVR plugin will no longer load.

Will provide log shortly, but for now, is everyone else having the same problem?

Thanks,
Matt
(2015-07-24, 01:17)mattlach Wrote: Yikes,

Just accidentally upgraded to Kodi 15.0, and the MythTV PVR plugin will no longer load.

Will provide log shortly, but for now, is everyone else having the same problem?

Thanks,
Matt

Never mind. Looks like I need to uninstall the Helix version, and install the Isengard version Blush

Code:
19:20:18 T:140639080601536   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in pvr.mythtv has been installed.'
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   DEBUG: RegisterClient - registering add-on 'MythTV PVR Client'
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   DEBUG: PVR - Create - creating PVR add-on instance 'MythTV PVR Client'
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - MythTV PVR Client
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so)
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/pvr.mythtv.so
19:20:19 T:140637957515008   ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MythTV PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.2'
19:20:19 T:140637957515008 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on MythTV PVR Client, status = 6
19:20:19 T:140637957515008 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on MythTV PVR Client, disabling it
@mattlach, upgrade addon too up to version 2.4.3 (available from my ppa, or from io page, or from kodi team which is up-to-date now).

The ubuntu package for kodi 15 (Isengard) is named "kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard" in my ppa.
Janbar, are you saying Kodi should have the new add-on available through them or do I need to get it from the ppa?
I got this error while installing

The following NEW packages will be installed:
kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.
Need to get 407 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1,736 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net/jlbarriere68/ppa/ubuntu/ trusty/main kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard amd64 2.4.3~450~ubuntu14.04.1 [407 kB]
Fetched 407 kB in 1s (379 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard.
(Reading database ... 823905 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard_2.4.3~450~ubuntu14.04.1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard (2.4.3~450~ubuntu14.04.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard_2.4.3~450~ubuntu14.04.1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/kodi/addons/pvr.mythtv/resources/recording.png', which is also in package kodi-pvr-mythtv 2.4.2-1~trusty
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kodi-pvr-mythtv-isengard_2.4.3~450~ubuntu14.04.1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
At a guess, remove the existing package first.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1