pvr.mythtv add-on

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
janbar Offline
Fan
@afremont, it is a bug in kodi with sub-channels. You should open a track ticket in kodi track database to report the bug.
Hopefully there is a workaround: Rename your channels number removing "_" or ".", eg "14_1" become "141". Then the addon won't register these channels as sub-channel when transfering to Kodi.
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-26 22:00 by janbar.)
find quote
janbar Offline
Fan
(2015-08-26 19:07)AshG Wrote:  @Janbar - ok here we go, seem to be 2 crash logs? but Kodi only crashed once? both are below in order of time. Hope this helps!

http://xbmclogs.com/pr5dgvbms

http://xbmclogs.com/pcxnnkb4b

Weird. basically your crashes are is not related with the addon and probably not with kodi too. I tried the scenario with kodi 15.1 on Ubuntu 14.04, Windows 10 and OSX and i haven't the issue. I suggest you to upgrade your system (apt-get upgrade) to get latest fixes for libs. Also it could be linked with your graphic hardware: Try to upgrade your drivers.
find quote
AshG Offline
Hi JanBar, thanks for looking, i recently did a upgrade at the weekend, so it was pretty much up-to-date, my GPU is integrated on to the processor (Intel)- I thought the drivers would have been updated with the OS (Ubuntu 14.04) - I'll do a little investigation....

However you are right that there's an issue with my particular setup and not kodi. I've just installed kodi on my Mac and also on a old laptop that has Ubuntu installed on and I can't reproduce... How annoying! Logically thinking, the only difference is that there's difference hardware (the Ubuntu that I'm having issues with has far superior hardware than my laptop) and it also has a number of other processes running on it e.g mythtvbackend....
find quote
MikeB2013 Offline
(2015-08-27 10:28)AshG Wrote:  Hi JanBar, thanks for looking, i recently did a upgrade at the weekend, so it was pretty much up-to-date, my GPU is integrated on to the processor (Intel)- I thought the drivers would have been updated with the OS (Ubuntu 14.04) - I'll do a little investigation....

However you are right that there's an issue with my particular setup and not kodi. I've just installed kodi on my Mac and also on a old laptop that has Ubuntu installed on and I can't reproduce... How annoying! Logically thinking, the only difference is that there's difference hardware (the Ubuntu that I'm having issues with has far superior hardware than my laptop) and it also has a number of other processes running on it e.g mythtvbackend....

You may not be running the latest graphics for Intel GPU. From a quick look at your recent crash logs you are running a 3.13 ubuntu kernel. Latest Intel graphics use 3.19 kernel on 14.04 using LTS stack

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

Mike
find quote
AshG Offline
Thanks Mike, I wasn't aware you could upgrade the kernal outside the apt-get upgrade...

I've upgraded to 3.19 kernal using : sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid.

But I still get the crashes.... It's not a major problem, as to reproduce it you have change channels 3-4 times quickly, also by using the numeric buttons it works perfectly. I can only reproduce it when pressing up or down - there's a change going in the next kodi release that allows you to select the option to "confirm ok" when pressing up and down so this will solve my issue.
find quote
MikeB2013 Offline
(2015-08-28 10:55)AshG Wrote:  Thanks Mike, I wasn't aware you could upgrade the kernal outside the apt-get upgrade...

I've upgraded to 3.19 kernal using : sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid.

But I still get the crashes.... It's not a major problem, as to reproduce it you have change channels 3-4 times quickly, also by using the numeric buttons it works perfectly. I can only reproduce it when pressing up or down - there's a change going in the next kodi release that allows you to select the option to "confirm ok" when pressing up and down so this will solve my issue.

The "sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-vivid" is only applicable to Ubuntu Server version and likely did not install the updated X stack components.

Do a "sudo apt-get update" before one of the following (depending on your configuration) :

(extract from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack)

DESKTOP

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-vivid libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid

MULTIARCH DESKTOP

If you run a multiarch desktop (for example, i386 and amd64 on amd64, for gaming or Wine), you may find you need a slightly more involved command, like this:

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-core-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-video-all-lts-vivid xserver-xorg-input-all-lts-vivid libwayland-egl1-mesa-lts-vivid libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-vivid:i386 libglapi-mesa-lts-vivid:i386

Edit:
Make sure you reboot the PC afterwards.

Mike
(This post was last modified: 2015-08-28 11:37 by MikeB2013.)
find quote
afremont Offline
(2015-08-26 21:59)janbar Wrote:  @afremont, it is a bug in kodi with sub-channels. You should open a track ticket in kodi track database to report the bug.
Hopefully there is a workaround: Rename your channels number removing "_" or ".", eg "14_1" become "141". Then the addon won't register these channels as sub-channel when transfering to Kodi.

Okay thanks, I wasn't sure where the problem was. I'm afraid that if I rename all the channum items in the database, that I'll break some other things so I'll just cope with it until it's fixed. I'll create a bug report in the kodi track database and see what happens. Thanks, I really appreciate all your efforts.

Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
find quote