• 105(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2017-04-13, 01:27)transeuropa Wrote: I also noticed huge regressions of MythTV Integration in KODI since Krypton. Meanwhile with KODI 17.1 I'm not able to add a new Channel Group with selected channels. If I do so KODI crashes immediately after restart.

I agree this is a real pain.
I'm considering going back to LibreElec 8.0.0 (17.0) on my RPis as it doesn't have this problem.

I can confirm however that it isn't a mythtv addon problem so this is the wrong thread....
(2017-04-14, 16:08)metaron Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 09:02)janbar Wrote: [quote='Smallmountains' pid='2556819' dateline='1490569770']
MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

When looking at the guide, and I select a show I want to record, I select "record"....it created a timer to record the show right before the one I selected. GRRrrr!

I can think of a possible reason for this....

If you are using EIT over the air guide, mythbackend will continuously update show start and end times as the broadcaster adjusts for sporting events / live programs etc...
Kodi only updates guide data from the backend periodically (every 120 minutes by default - it's a setting under PVR & Live TV / Guide/Update Interval) or when you restart kodi.

[quote='janbar' pid='2558403' dateline='1490770978']Second is overlap of programs in epg: the addon find the first program having end time following the selected start time.

Theory: When you ask kodi to record a show, pvr.mythtv gets the show start time and channel from the kodi guide and asks the backend to record the first programme which ends after that start time.

If on the backend the show before yours now finishes a little later (even 1 second), it will be the first show to finish after your selected start time, and a timer will be set up to record the wrong show!

Question: Does the addon choose the show to record based on an end time, or is this choice made by the backend?

I've never seen this problem myself, but I get my guide data from schedules direct between 2 and 4 am each morning and kodi starts when I turn my TV on. This means if a show starts early or late on the day I miss part of it (all my recordings start 5 minutes early and finish 5 minutes late as a work-around using the mythbackend global option for this), but the backend always sets up a timer for the show I select in the kodi guide.

Possible solutions:
  1. Use schedules direct instead of EIT guide data
  2. Capture your EIT data in 'window' mode (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10076)
  3. Change the pvr.mythtv client in some way to cater for the possibility that backend schedule data may have been updated (or show start and end times overlap slightly)

You could probably do '3' by querying guide data for the selected start time and taking appropriate action if the wrong show is reported. This wouldn't be simple and probably needs to be debugged by someone using your guide data over a reasonable timeframe to ensure it can deal with the most common re-scheduling scenarios.

You never know, @janbar may be able to come up with an easy solution to the problem :-)

NB: I am running a patched version of Janbar's add-on with changes to setting up timers, but suspect this problem is more likely to be guide data related.

I'm using ScheduleDirect, not EIT....I've never used the EIT. I can repeat this on demand, over and over.
ALSO, when I make the selection, the next screen (the one where you choose, Record, Make rule, etc) shows the correct program. Program name, and time is correct on this screen....they when I choose "record" the guide comes back up and shows the results of the action....the show before the one I selected is marked for recording. I have to go to the list of upcoming recordings and delete the event and point to the next show.....It's a mess.

I've wiped my MythTV backend completely and started over. I have wiped my Kodi completely and started over. It still does it. Well, I don't know.
(2017-04-16, 05:31)Smallmountains Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 16:08)metaron Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 09:02)janbar Wrote: [quote='Smallmountains' pid='2556819' dateline='1490569770']
MythTV backend .28 on mythbuntu 16.04... Kodi 17.1 frontend temporarily on Windows 10 pro. MythTV PVR issue (I think).

When looking at the guide, and I select a show I want to record, I select "record"....it created a timer to record the show right before the one I selected. GRRrrr!

I can think of a possible reason for this....

If you are using EIT over the air guide, mythbackend will continuously update show start and end times as the broadcaster adjusts for sporting events / live programs etc...
Kodi only updates guide data from the backend periodically (every 120 minutes by default - it's a setting under PVR & Live TV / Guide/Update Interval) or when you restart kodi.

[quote='janbar' pid='2558403' dateline='1490770978']Second is overlap of programs in epg: the addon find the first program having end time following the selected start time.

Theory: When you ask kodi to record a show, pvr.mythtv gets the show start time and channel from the kodi guide and asks the backend to record the first programme which ends after that start time.

If on the backend the show before yours now finishes a little later (even 1 second), it will be the first show to finish after your selected start time, and a timer will be set up to record the wrong show!

Question: Does the addon choose the show to record based on an end time, or is this choice made by the backend?

I've never seen this problem myself, but I get my guide data from schedules direct between 2 and 4 am each morning and kodi starts when I turn my TV on. This means if a show starts early or late on the day I miss part of it (all my recordings start 5 minutes early and finish 5 minutes late as a work-around using the mythbackend global option for this), but the backend always sets up a timer for the show I select in the kodi guide.

Possible solutions:
  1. Use schedules direct instead of EIT guide data
  2. Capture your EIT data in 'window' mode (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10076)
  3. Change the pvr.mythtv client in some way to cater for the possibility that backend schedule data may have been updated (or show start and end times overlap slightly)

You could probably do '3' by querying guide data for the selected start time and taking appropriate action if the wrong show is reported. This wouldn't be simple and probably needs to be debugged by someone using your guide data over a reasonable timeframe to ensure it can deal with the most common re-scheduling scenarios.

You never know, @janbar may be able to come up with an easy solution to the problem :-)

NB: I am running a patched version of Janbar's add-on with changes to setting up timers, but suspect this problem is more likely to be guide data related.

I'm using ScheduleDirect, not EIT....I've never used the EIT. I can repeat this on demand, over and over.
ALSO, when I make the selection, the next screen (the one where you choose, Record, Make rule, etc) shows the correct program. Program name, and time is correct on this screen....they when I choose "record" the guide comes back up and shows the results of the action....the show before the one I selected is marked for recording. I have to go to the list of upcoming recordings and delete the event and point to the next show.....It's a mess.

I've wiped my MythTV backend completely and started over. I have wiped my Kodi completely and started over. It still does it. Well, I don't know.

Can you schedule via myth Web? If you can I would think it points to a problem in kodi instead of mythbackend. I wonder if it could be something like a clock error, I seem to recall people having a problem with kodi's clock being off a while ago (I think it was off by 3-4 hours though)
(2017-04-14, 16:15)metaron Wrote: ...
I can confirm however that it isn't a mythtv addon problem so this is the wrong thread....

Ok, which is the correct place? Actually - now I'm asking myself which is the purpose of this special thread "pvr.mythtv add-on" since the whole MythTV functionality is in the add-on - so every potential issue with MythTV could be mentioned in this thread (or not).
(2017-04-17, 00:18)transeuropa Wrote:
(2017-04-14, 16:15)metaron Wrote: ...

Ok, which is the correct place? Actually - now I'm asking myself which is the purpose of this special thread "pvr.mythtv add-on" since the whole MythTV functionality is in the add-on - so every potential issue with MythTV could be mentioned in this thread (or not).

Sorry, that wasn't a very helpful reply was it. What I should have said is that using the same pvr.mythtv add on version, kodi 17.0 works fine for me (saving channel groups) and 17.1 doesn't. To my mind this rules out it being a problem with the add-on which is what this thread is all about.

Still, this is more of a guess than a 100% certainty. For certainty a debug log which reproduces the fault http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy would help. If kodi crashes on restart, you should get a kodi_crashlog_xxxxxxxxxxx.log file in your ~/.kodi/temp folder (check the file creation time/date matches when the crash occurred) pastebin it and paste a link in a new thread either in the mythtv sub-forum or better yet the main PVR forum.
(2017-04-16, 05:31)Smallmountains Wrote: I'm using ScheduleDirect, not EIT....I've never used the EIT. I can repeat this on demand, over and over.

Hmmm. Most of my recordings are set up as 'Record One' or 'Record All'. I'm guessing you are using 'Record This' ('Record' option rather than 'Add Timer' option).
I do remember seeing something like this in the dim and distant past - maybe that's part of why I switched to using 'Add Timer' or maybe it was something I worked around when I modified the timer code in my version (i.e. I may already have a fix :-).

If you can reproduce it at will, can you make sure the pvr.mythtv 'include extra debug in log file' (http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR#Advanced) option is turned on, turn debugging on, reproduce the fault, pastebin the kodi.log file and post a link to it here please. (http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy)
Hopefully this will have enough information in it to stop theorizing and point the finger in the correct place
Quote:Can you schedule via myth Web? If you can I would think it points to a problem in kodi instead of mythbackend. I wonder if it could be something like a clock error, I seem to recall people having a problem with kodi's clock being off a while ago (I think it was off by 3-4 hours though)

Yes, I can set a recording from mythweb and it works fine. I've checked and double checked date and time on all my boxes. No problems there. They all use the same NTP source.
(2017-04-23, 01:20)Smallmountains Wrote: Yes, I can set a recording from mythweb and it works fine. I've checked and double checked date and time on all my boxes. No problems there. They all use the same NTP source.

Can you post a log file with 'extra debug info' turned on? It might provide just enough information to confirm what's happening.
EDIT: Oops, I'm on the Odroid C2, not the RPi2 as stated below

I'm running mythbuntu 14.04 .27 as a backend RPi2 Libreelec frontend Every since trying 17.1 on the Pi2, I get random crashes of Kodi with no log message indicating the problem. GDB begins looping hanging the Pi. If I kill GDB process, Kodi restarts and I can go on.

This always seems to occur upon exiting LiveTV playback (using HDHomerun tuners). My wife is really getting on to me about this problem, so I really need some help. Sometimes it works fine for a couple of days, sometimes it occurs within a few hours.

I tried turning on debugging, but the problem seemed to not occur so I can't get a crash log. I'm guessing there is some kind of race or timing condition that debug logging prevents from happening.

I've googled until I'm blue in the face. I find one link that seems to be discussing the issue, but it's to addons.xbmc.org which now seemsv to be defunct.

addons.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198833&action=lastpost

Any ideas what is causing this or how to stop it?
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-03-27, 01:09)Smallmountains Wrote: I'm using ScheduleDirect, not EIT....I've never used the EIT. I can repeat this on demand, over and over.

I've had this issue even with Jarvis and have never resolved it, but for Windows only. Behavior is as expected both on Ubuntu and Libreelec. All systems use the same ntp server, are in the correct time zone, etc. Not sure why it's a windows-only problem.
(2017-05-03, 01:42)pavlov70 Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 01:09)Smallmountains Wrote: I'm using ScheduleDirect, not EIT....I've never used the EIT. I can repeat this on demand, over and over.

I've had this issue even with Jarvis and have never resolved it, but for Windows only. Behavior is as expected both on Ubuntu and Libreelec. All systems use the same ntp server, are in the correct time zone, etc. Not sure why it's a windows-only problem.

The 'time' functions are a little different on Windows. pvr.mythtv has a 'windows specific' code path adding a localtime_r function (in tools.h). This might explain why windows behaves differently from other platforms?

(I don't have windows installed anywhere myself)
(2017-04-28, 04:27)afremont Wrote: EDIT: Oops, I'm on the Odroid C2, not the RPi2 as stated below

I'm running mythbuntu 14.04 .27 as a backend RPi2 Libreelec frontend Every since trying 17.1 on the Pi2, I get random crashes of Kodi with no log message indicating the problem. GDB begins looping hanging the Pi. If I kill GDB process, Kodi restarts and I can go on.

This always seems to occur upon exiting LiveTV playback (using HDHomerun tuners). My wife is really getting on to me about this problem, so I really need some help. Sometimes it works fine for a couple of days, sometimes it occurs within a few hours.

I tried turning on debugging, but the problem seemed to not occur so I can't get a crash log. I'm guessing there is some kind of race or timing condition that debug logging prevents from happening.

I've googled until I'm blue in the face. I find one link that seems to be discussing the issue, but it's to addons.xbmc.org which now seemsv to be defunct.

Try with the recently released 8.0.2 Libreelec build. Same issue?
Unfortunately without being able to repeat the problem themselves, or a debug log to look at there's not much anyone on this forum will be able to do.
If you still have issues, try a fresh clean 8.0.2 install (with no addons other than pvr.mythtv) and see how you get on with that.
(2017-04-28, 04:27)afremont Wrote: EDIT: Oops, I'm on the Odroid C2, not the RPi2 as stated below

I'm not sure what is causing it but I know how I got it to stop. I quit using mythpvr addon and started using the HomeRunPVR addon. It doesn't function as a PVR but watching live TV is perfect. Myth can still record shows in the background and we can still watch the recorded TV shows . WAF was the main reason I made the switch
Can you pause live using that add-on? If so, that might work until this gets worked out. The WAF is the big issue here. She's threatening to put us back into an expensive pay tv situation if I don't resolve this soon.

I can't leave debugging turned on because of the screen overlay. I really think the problem lies somewhere in program guide updating.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2017-05-28, 21:09)afremont Wrote: Can you pause live using that add-on? If so, that might work until this gets worked out. The WAF is the big issue here. She's threatening to put us back into an expensive pay tv situation if I don't resolve this soon.

I can't leave debugging turned on because of the screen overlay. I really think the problem lies somewhere in program guide updating.

Sent from my Moto G (4) (typie typie)
I understand. Once a week my wife scream " I hate your f***ing system". Whens it's working life is good. I don't think you can pause. It does make a stable system though
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1