Latest Movie Widget
Running into something that has been bugging me for the last week or so.

I've got the recently added tv shows widget on my TV Shows main screen in some cases I have noticed that some shows after being added to my library are not displaying in the main menu widget.

One example was Halt and Catch Fire which update last night but was not available in the widget list.

Here is at the directory:

You can see that the date modified was ahead of the date created I wonder if this is because of time zone difference from the uploader?

Date Modified: 6/30/2014 5:05 AM
Date Created: 6/29/2014 11:30 PM

I suspect that this is the reason for the widget not displaying the show as recently added since it uses the date modified time by default.

Any advice would be appreciated since by default it uses the date modified time.
If memory serves correctly, the recently added widget is generated from a playlist included with the skin, so it's worth creating a menu item to the skin playlist "recentepisodes" to see if it displays there (you may need to install the repofixes branch of skinshortcuts, due to a bug I'm still trying to track down which can cause submenus with - I think just skin-provided - playlists in them not to display.)

If it displays there, then it sounds like an issue with XBMC displaying a cached version of the playlist on the home page - something I've heard of happening, but haven't really read up on and so don't know any fixes for. If it doesn't display correctly there then it could be something to do with the created/modified date - but it shouldn't be, as the modified date shown in your screenshot is a valid date to sort by. But it might give you somewhere to start in sorting the problem.
Try adding the below into your advancedsettings.xml.

I had to add it and change mine to a 0 as had similar issues to yourself.

<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
will adding just that one line force XBMC to use the modified time for both tv shows and movies?
(2014-07-02, 13:51)dirty_denim86 Wrote: will adding just that one line force XBMC to use the modified time for both tv shows and movies?

Yes should do.
I will try it but I think the problem will continue to happen since the modified time is sometimes a haed of my Eastern Standard Time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Movie Widget0