Req Wii U build? At least read my post :)
(2014-11-22, 22:59)Ned Scott Wrote: That's another reason why this isn't likely to happen. Most people aren't interested in making a nerfed version of Kodi.

Not disagreeing with you, I just think that Nintendo would have pretty strict guidelines on an app like this - I didn't consider this when i first started this thread.
(2014-11-22, 21:03)nooryani84 Wrote: Would have to be a fairly locked down version like OpenElec so that nobody tried hacking RetroPlayer into it.

Edit: Don't know how accurate this is: http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-dev-kit/ So if crowdfunded a Wii U and money for the dev kit (sell some merch?) and IF someone was interested... Could be quite nice.
Did you just call OpenElec locked down? It's the complete opposite of that: open. It even has the word open in its nameTongue

The important parts of that article: "the developer has to be licensed by the company to use the dev kit to make software for the company[..] the developer has to sign a series of contracts and NDAs". Simply put free software on wii u will never happen with nintendo's endorsement. Your best bet (read only) is wii u getting cracked.
(2014-11-23, 13:49)takoi Wrote:
(2014-11-22, 21:03)nooryani84 Wrote: Would have to be a fairly locked down version like OpenElec so that nobody tried hacking RetroPlayer into it.

Edit: Don't know how accurate this is: http://wiiudaily.com/wii-u-dev-kit/ So if crowdfunded a Wii U and money for the dev kit (sell some merch?) and IF someone was interested... Could be quite nice.
Did you just call OpenElec locked down? It's the complete opposite of that: open. It even has the word open in its nameTongue

The important parts of that article: "the developer has to be licensed by the company to use the dev kit to make software for the company[..] the developer has to sign a series of contracts and NDAs". Simply put free software on wii u will never happen with nintendo's endorsement. Your best bet (read only) is wii u getting cracked.

Ok, so I chose my words poorly. You know what I mean though. Wink Yea I think homebrew is the most realistic solution as well. Kodi isn't anything like Plex which has been commercially available on Xbox and other consumer devices. I'm really glad we have two different solutions, though I hope Kodi will one day fill the void and run as a headless server/transcoder someday.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wii U build? At least read my post :)1