Prevent Watched Status on Live Streams
With my add-on (XBMC Online TV) I have some live streams.

However if a watches that stream for a while and then stops it, that specific ListItem within XBMC is marked as watched. Because it is a continuous live stream, this makes no sense.

So the question is, how can I prevent a ListItem in an XBMC Video Add-on to be marked as watched?
You can't really prevent this, however you can avoid this behavior by having unique (or random) ListItem's URLs together with the setResolvedUrl function.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-07-02, 20:00)sphere Wrote: You can't really prevent this, however you can avoid this behavior by having unique (or random) ListItem's URLs together with the setResolvedUrl function.

That was the exact hacky thing I had in mind, but that seemed dirty. But I will do it this way.
OK.

If you find another way which I don't know, please let me know! Smile

Btw, I needed such behavior for a "Play Random" ListItem.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Is there a better way to do this nowadays ?

We have the same need and a random URL seems a bad workaround (as it adds random URLs to a database every time).
So after some testing it appears that adding infoLabel playcount=0 works perfectly well to achieve this for live streams.

Here is a reference to our feature request and implementation: https://github.com/pietje666/plugin.vide...-503773325

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent Watched Status on Live Streams0