Two default select actions
Hi guys,

I was wondering if inside the setup for Aeon Nox main menu is possible to configure two different actions to be performed when selecting a menu. To go directly to the point, my intention would be to perform "SetVolume(100)" AND "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums,return)" actions when pressing the Music menu.

Would it be possible in some way?

Looking forward for your usual and kind suggestions! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
For Nox 5, I believe for a main menu item you'd need to manually edit the skin to achieve this.

For a submenu item, though it's a bit of a hack, start the action with ::MULTIPLE::, then use the pipe character - | - to separate that, and each action. So:

Code:
::MULTIPLE::|SetVolume(100)|ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,Albums,return)

(Note the pipe immediately after ::MULTIPLE:: )
Thanks for your prompt answer Unfledged!

Among the two, as a first (and my preferred) tentative, I would try to modify the code of the main menu item. Can you just point me out which file should I take a look too?

Cheers!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Includes_Home.xml - replace the <onclick/> of the menu item you want to change with two <onclick/>'s, one for each action.
Found it!

Just added the command

Code:
<onload>SetVolume(100)</onload>

in MyMusicNav.xml. So, every time I would listen music (i.e. enter in the MusicLibrary in any of its options like Albums, Artists, Genres, etc.), the volume will be adjusted to that value.

XBMC rulez!

(2014-07-03, 16:05)Unfledged Wrote: Includes_Home.xml - replace the <onclick/> of the menu item you want to change with two <onclick/>'s, one for each action.

Hi Unfledged! It seems we wrote at the same time!

Nice to see that there are various solutions to the issue! XBMC definitely rulez! Cool
Nice solution Smile
I have a similar issue, where I'd like the following to take place every time a main menu item is selected:

- SetVolume(100)
- System>Audio Output>Audio Output device = DirectSound:HDMI-AMD HDMI Output
- System>Audio Output>Pasthrough Output device = DirectSound:HDMI-AMD HDMI Output

Would I do this in Advancedsettings.xlm or guisettings.xml or some xlm file in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\1080i?

Because I remote in to my HTPC without the Receiver being on XBMC keeps changing the audio to a non-HDMI setting. I have to then close and reopen XBMC and then change the audio output settings. Also once in a while the volume is turned down, but I haven't figured out what's been causing that.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
If it helps, and I appreciate it probably doesn't, I'm not aware of any XBMC functions which can change the audio device. Even if they were, it's quite a mod to run such functions every time a main menu item is selected - perhaps on loading and unloading the home page would be easier (if it's possible through functions which I don't know of.)

Whilst there may be AdvancedSettings.xml experts perusing this forum, if you have to go down that route I suspect you'd get more/better assistance in the General Help and Support forum - and they'll definately be better able to advise on stopping XBMC switching to a non-HDMI signal which definately isn't a skin issue Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two default select actions0