LastFMProxy support?
hi, is there any possibility that anyone will ever port lastfmproxy to the xbox?

it can be found here: http://vidar.gimp.org/lastfmproxy/ - and as it is written in python - it seems to present the ideal opportunity to port lastfm to the xbox.

it is a little depressing having to post this request here - as i'm sure it will probably just be buried under all the other requests and no developers will ever see it. but lastfm integration into xbmc would be a major coupe for any developer.

not only would it be possible to submit the music we play to lastfm (which is currently possible) but we would finally be able to tune into lastfm naively too.

i wish i were a developer and i would do it in an eye-blink - but sometimes not being a developer feels like not being able to read or write. it's really horrible.

anyway i hope some developers do see this request. it would solve a major headache for me right now, in that i have to run linux on my xbox just so i can use lastfm.

it is very slow and cumbersome and not ideal at all.

gj
hi, i have just had a quick word with the lastfmproxy developer and he has said that he may well be willing to port lastfmproxy to xbmc - which would effectively enable full lastfm radio support in xbmc.

the only difficulty atm is that he doesn't own an xbox.

i have told him that i would certainly be willing to contribute towards getting him an xbox to work with (after all good second hand xboxes are not that expensive).

however i am curious if anyone else is as equally enhusiastic as me to see lastfm fully ported to the xbox and if you also might like to contribute?

perhaps someone might even have an old xbox that they could offer him - either free or at a very reasonable price?

if anyone would like to see this feature ported to the xbox and would like to contribute towards the effort, please feel free to let me know.

gj

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LastFMProxy support?0