Main Menu Bug
I'm compiling my own build of XBMC from source using the Hybrid Skin (as default) instead of the Confluence skin.

For some reason which i can't figure out, instead of "Programs" being listed in the Main Menu, I get this "31208]"

I know this stems from the 'IncludesHomeMenuSys' file (in the 720P folder) ~ line 461,
But this bug has me totally confused, as i haven't changed a single thing within the skin.

Any ideas?

Oh, and im compiling XBMC 13.1 Gotham (stable release) with Hybrid 2.3.1
Looks like there's a problem with opening and closing brackets. I'll look for it when I get the chance. The word it's trying to display is "Launcher" which goes with the background.The settings on a initial setup come from the include called "InitialSetup" (Or something like that, I've not got Hybrid code by me ATM)
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Im wondering if this bug occurs due to the 'hack' method i used to make Hybrid the default skin...

In building my source files, i deleted all the files in the 'skin.confluence' folder (within the addons folder),
transferred all the files & folders of what is the hybrid skin, into the 'skin.confluence' folder.

then simply edited the addon.xml file (of the hybrid skin) - line 3, to make "id=skin.confluence".

In this (hack) method, XBMC would still think its using the confluence skin, while its actually using all the files for the hybrid skin.

Oh, and i did it this way, as it was quick & easy ~ and i couldn't find the actual code for where XBMC was told what folder/skin to use for its display (I'm guessing this may be in some actual C++ code?)

And i note ~ this bug only occurs when im building from this source i have constructed.
If i compile XBMC source, with no changes to the skin - then when running this unchanged source, install hybrid thru the usual addon's library - the bug doesn't appear.
Fixed the bug with the label. Launcher will still get chosen over Programs if "plugin.program.advanced.launcher" is found on the system.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

I fixed it as well my self, in my source...
I noticed it was missing the code "$LOCALIZE[" before the number "31208]"

And thanks for the info about Launcher being chosen over Programs - I have various addon's pre-built into my source, including Advanced Launcher.
(My version is somewhat 'designed' for Australia, with the OzWeather addon's builtin, along with video streaming services for the free-to-air tv services in Australia, like ABC iView, Channel 7, Channel 10, SBS... and streaming of AFL & NRL football)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main Menu Bug0