Best hdmi dongle for nuc with xmbc
So (finally) I have an Intel NUC running on my downstairs TV. With openelec/xmbc.

I now need to stream films from the NUC to my upstairs TV.
I could stream direct to my galaxy s4 and connect via hdmi but I fancy more of a wireless solution!

Would the google chromecast work in streaming from the xmbc box or would it require advanced setup to do so?

Alternatively there are dongles that are half the price of the google chromecast that stream from android phones or Ipad (I have an up as also)
My only issue is would streaming to my phone and then streaming THAT to a dongle actually work or would I experience lag in "double streaming"Huh

Any advice on an easy and cheap solution to stream upstairs would be appreciated.!!
I don't think xbmc streams to chromecast.

What about another nuc?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If money wasn't an issue I'd love to try another NUC (my first experience of "building" a computer!)
It obviously won't need a HDD but ram and an NUC would be £120 ish. Google chromecast is £30 and ripoff models £15. Kinda liked the idea of a cheap solution !! :-)

Anyone think the double stream will work?

(File sizes are likely 3gb or less - HD films and TV programs)
Chromecast is very limited in support codecs and XBMC does not support transcoding for now.

For the same price I'd go with an Rpi + Openelec, and use upnp to access main Xbmc.

Double streaming will not work for any high quality media and will have lags too Smile
Thanks for feedback guys.

Ive borrowed a friends EZcast and it seems to work!!.

Easiest way once set up is to find the file i want on ES file browser on phone.
Then once playing, click to Mirror phone screen to EZcast.

Seems to play 2gb HD films ok although i reckon i might need to pause hig res films for 5 minutes or so so they can buffer longer etc!

Ive got an MHL plug in anyway so worse case scenario is to plug phone into TV!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best hdmi dongle for nuc with xmbc0