Idea for CDart
Hey guys for a few weeks now I have been bothered with CDart.

usually if you do not have a cdart for that specific album it defaults to a default CDart.

half my library doesn't have CDarts , and I get bored with the same default image.

my idea is instead of falling back to a default image, instead have it fallback to a default CDart for the artist like this one

i made this using the artist thumb and dropping it into the photoshop template with the logo

the over all image is something like this

I am still busy working on the code but let me know what you guys think if its a cool idea?
This is what I have go so far.

I am having a problem with visible. I want to use it to see if the file cdart.png exists.

anyone have any suggestions?

Code:
                <control type="image">
                    <description>Cd overlay</description>
                    <left>50</left>
                    <top>15</top>
                    <width>170</width>
                    <height>175</height>
                    <include>CDArtSpinner</include>
                    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,cdart.png]</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                <visible>IsEmpty(Player.FolderPath,,cdart.png)</visible>
                    <description>Cd overlay</description>
                    <left>50</left>
                    <top>15</top>
                    <width>170</width>
                    <height>175</height>
                    <include>CDArtSpinner</include>
                    <texture diffuse="cdartdiff.png" background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../folder.jpg]</texture>
                    <aspectratio align="center">keep</aspectratio>
                </control>
Interesting idea. You'd need to give the image an id and then use IfEmpty(ID). Would it not be easier to save your Artist Disc as the missing cdart.png, then it would show up in all skins that use CDart. The idea of a fallback image is that it's something XBMC will know is definitely there and can be shown if the variable image is not found.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Yes it would be alot easyer but there is a few problems with that.

1. you would have to manualy copy each cdart to the missing album.

2. I could probably write a script to do that automaticaly but when you get a new album you would then have to run the script over and over.

3. cdart manager would recognize that you have a image for that album and not download the actual image.

4. you would have to maualy create each artist image, you will notice in my code I am using a diffuse to automatically generate an image using the artist thumb.

thanks allot for your help I will do some research into getting the cdart to use a id

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idea for CDart0